Chapter 4: Irene Rose

A.N get ready for some annoying characters

My heart stopped for just a couple of seconds, I saw the look in his eyes as he inhaled my scent, devouring what was floating in the air, his blue eyes turning dark as if he couldn't see me he turned away and inhaled more of my scent. It was captivating, he seemed so gentle as my wolf purred in delight and when I inhaled him in, I could sense the power radiating off him, signalling he was a high rank, he was an Alpha

Letting this set into my mind, I breathed in heavily, exhaling with a lot of force. My doubts floating in my mind as I took him in, he was going to take me away from my family, he was an Alpha, a strong male who was a force to be reckoned with, no one was to ever defy an Alpha, let alone match him as an equal. Even a Luna couldn't pass an equal, Luna's were meant to serve.

I was going to be a Luna.

The thought settled in and my wolf hummed with the power she was going to obtain once he marked her. As a Luna, you were as well a force to be reckoned with, powerful, but not as powerful as the Alpha himself. I didn't realise until his eyes found mine as I started to wheeze in and out with both thoughts of an Alpha being my mate, and being a Luna. I could never fit the title of being a Luna, let alone come in close with my mate. I started to hyperventilate, my breathing becoming erratic, my eyes watering.

I was going to leave my family, I was going to be a Luna, I was going to be the Alpha's mate.

Call me irrational or however you call it, but this wasn't how I thought this night was going to turn out

I let a few lone tears fall and my breathing coming out in ragged breaths. My wolf was growling at me to stop, to never cry in front of the Alpha, it would show that I was weak, but I was. I couldn't stop the tears even if I could. I weak, I was never strong as a person or a wolf and crying in front of an Alpha showed that I was not capable of many things and that alone could trigger rejection. Alpha's fed off power, submissiveness and their own dominance. Never once had I heard of an Alpha show mercy to the weak if he finds a weak link in the pack he discards them and turns them, rogue.

I didn't want to be a rogue, I just couldn't. I wouldn't be able to survive. As if my thoughts interrupted the Alpha male in front of me, and I could see worry etched on his face as his hand was brought down from my cheek and steadily was placed on my shoulders, his face drawing in as he watched me in concern, however, I noticed that his eyes were blank with emotion, as if he couldn't see through them.

"Breath," he said, his voice deep and rough as he watched me. His voice was dripping with honey, captivating. He somewhat held my eyes, soothing me in a warm embrace as he tried to calm me down. But I couldn't, I was so overwhelmed as I stared, letting tears roll down my cheeks and I took this moment to let my eyes roam over his face. 

He had a rough face, a few mini scars littered here and there as if to show all the enemies he had fought off over his lifetime, his eyes were crystal blues, they were slightly pale, but held little to no emotions as if they couldn't escape. He had a light stubble over his chin area and around the bottom of his cheeks, a sharp jawline as well as a medium to a long face. He had a few freckles across his cheeks, barely visible from the world as if faded from a number of tears. His hair was light brown and it was at least a centimetre or two long as stayed up in a spiked yet matted down like he kept brushing his hair through them. 

After a little look on his face, I suddenly realised I had calmed down. My breathing was normal, yet my heart was exceptionally fast and I could hear his heart was too, both our heartbeats mixing together as we stayed in this position, just seeking comfort from one another as we breathed in the same air, smelling each other's scent, imprinting it in our minds. Our wolves bathing in the moment of silence. I allowed his eyes to roam my face, realising that his eyes regained some emotions, I watched as he grasps my face with his hands, both rough and etched with work lines as if he has been carrying loads and working furiously, even if he didn't look like he could see very well.

 I let the sparks coming from his touch invade my mind, allowing it to send chills down my spine and allow its sensation to comfort me. I lived for this touch. It was one of my sole purposes of being a werewolf was to find my mate, and here he is. Grasping my face as I allowed the feelings erupt on my cheeks and across my body and my wolf loved it.

We stayed like this for a little bit, allowing the world to go around us as we just sat in each other's comfort, as if I was the one thing he searched for in his entire life and he never wanted to let go, I was the same. With his hands on my cheeks, I was about to burst from the silence, it was too quiet and now I just wanted to get up and have a drink. I stared into his baby blues and I gave him a shy smile. 

"Um, can I get up?" I squeaked, I didn't want to ruin this moment, but I desperately needed a drink from all my crying, my thirst was too overwhelming for me. I blushed furiously as he gave me a cheeky smile and stood up slowly, one arm extending out to help me get up and I graciously took it, allowing the familiar sparks to jolt up my arm and I smiled brightly. Once I had gotten up, my hand was enlaced with his, and I walked with him towards the whole gathering.

 I was then greeted with a few stares from the other wolves, some eyes giving me the jealous look and some eyes glistening with pride, I was guessing those people was from his pack. As we walked to the bar, I saw my parents chatting away and my brothers playing closely near them. Being the embarrassed person I am, I let go of my mates hand, who I never knew the name of and rushed to my parents, hugging them in a tight embrace as I had just found my mate and wanted to tell them.

"What's wrong honey? Are you crying?" my mother asked, patting my back in comfort as my dad just stared out at my mate with a calm expression. He knows. I retreated my arms and looked over to my mate, giving him a reassuring smile, I looked back at my parents before strong arms wrapped around my waist in a protective, yet calming matter and I allowed the scent of the musty library fill my nostrils as I let my back come in contact with his chest. I looked at my mother's expression, her mouth was agape, eyes filled with happy tears as she smiled brightly at me, a hand covering her mouth as she tried to contain her tears.

"My baby girl has found her mate!" she gasped, as she grabbed my dads arm and started to shake it furiously like a teenager. "Oh, my moon!" she squealed with delight. My dad stood there, looking at him and me, looking at my mate longer than expected and then right back at me. My mother rushed towards us and wrapped her frail arms around the both us, squishing me and my mate close together as she hugged us. "I told you so!" she chuckled and let go of us, allowing me to breathe, even though my mate's arms were still wrapped around my waist. 

I smiled and blushed furiously as I looked at my dad, whose face was expressionless as he stared at my Alpha male with concern. And then he opened his mouth only to say seven words.

"Alpha Archer. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance"