Chapter 45: Irene Rose

Dedicated to: Evampire

niquenique30

trisb007

THANKS FOR VOTING & COMMENTING! YOU GUYS MAKE MY DAY :)  IF YOU'RE FROM AMERICA COMMENT HERE! bruh, i forgot if i named Archer's sister, someone reminds me if I did. HIS SISTER ABOVE!

    I sat down at the right side of the head of the table, the future Luna must sit here, next to her mate at dinner. It was something that I had learned from my Luna studies and luckily this was one of the things that I could remember from the amount of information being crammed into my brain. I felt awkward sitting at the head of the table, each family member was staring at me with their judgmental eyes and views and I took a shaky breath as my nerves haywire everywhere. This was the first time I was having dinner with the whole entire Donovan family and right now, it didn't seem like a family at all. I miss my family.

    I tried to avoid their piercing gazes, trying to concentrate on the hand which was clamped over mine, his thumb rubbing over the top of my hand as he tried to create a conversation with his family, but failing miserably as they gave short answers. I sighed as the maids finally brought plates of food on the table, roast chicken, mashed potatoes, ribs and other various dishes filled the table to the brim and everyone eyed the food with hungry eyes and thankfully none were looking at me.

     "It's going to be okay Irene, I promise," a familiar voice whispered into my ear, I looked to my side and saw Archer giving me a small smile before gently pressing his lips to my cheek, which soothed me slightly. His small distraction was enough to lessen the butterflies swarming in my stomach. It was then everyone went silent and all eyes went onto me. I tried to smile, but it didn't work and it went back to the awkward silence. I looked to Archer, tightening my grip on his hand, asking him to do anything to ease the tension. Thankfully, he got the message and took some food in front of him and began to eat, signalling that everyone else should follow. Alpha eats first in the meal, everyone else follows after.

    I sighed in thanks and Archer began to fill my plate with various different foods, I didn't know how he knew where the food was, but he began to pluck chicken and ribs off their plate and onto my own. 

   "Thanks," I said as I began to eat the food he had given me.

   "So Archer, how's training?" someone finally spoke, which broke some of the tension. I watched Archer in the corner of my eye as he brought his head up and faced the person who was talking to him. Jacob smiled towards me, he knew how I felt and thank Goddess he was trying to help this weird tension in the room.

   "Good, how's being the Alpha?" Archer responded swiftly and everyone's attention had turned to the pair of curious eyes, yet, their sister was staring at me filled with annoyance. 

   "Hard work, I don't understand how you do it Arch," Jacob replied, smiling lightly as he stole a quick glance towards me.

   "You get used to it, so how's all my family been?" Archer asked again as he took one large bite out of his chicken leg. 

    "It's been alright, boring, but alright," his sister replied, her eyes still lingering on me making me feel uncomfortable. I wiggled in my seat.

     "Have you been showing Irene around Kayley?"  Archer questioned again, as he continued to eat his food, in the corner of my eye I saw her posture stiffen and her eyes finally left my body and onto Archer. I breathed in, trying to feel Archer's touch on my skin, his soothing circles from his fingers have some calming effect on me. I was afraid of what she would say.

      "Nah, not really," Kayley shrugged whilst eating picking at her mashed potatoes, she looked like she really didn't care for the conversation anymore as she slowly ate her food.

     "Why's that?" Archer had pressed on, his hand slowly tightening around me own as he tried to act carelessly towards his sister. Jacob had looked over to us, concern stretched onto his face as he looked back and forth between Archer and me, but I gave him a reassuring glance as I watched the conversation unfold.

    "You wouldn't like my answer," she curtly replied as she shot me a glare which I returned. The tension in the air was thick, I could possibly cut it with a butter knife if this went on, the hormones in the air was able to be smelt by the omegas who watched on. Archer was getting frustrated by the minute, Kayley's annoyance was written on her face.

    "Just say it, Kayley, I'd like to know why Irene hasn't connected with the household or the pack for that matter." he said, a stern glare being shot at towards his younger sister who eyed back cautiously. 

    "It's the therapy of the whole pack, we haven't had time. Plus, I don't want to, she's not worth my time," and there goes the bomb, it was then that everyone had paid attention to the pair. Faces mixed with shocked and annoyance as their precious dinner was interrupted by the brother and sister who seemed to have a stare down. I felt utterly embarrassed for being here, I really wanted to just leave, but I couldn't leave Archer here or he would've done something rash, so I sucked up my tears and uselessness and held onto Archer's hand who curled around mine tightly.

     I saw the expression on Luna Lily's face, she looked either content or frustrated, I couldn't tell. Her face showed content, but the frustration in her eyes deemed that she masked her expression. Jacob's expression was a pure annoyance, throwing angry glances towards his sister who seemed to show no mercy in this conversation and everything was being directed at me. I moved slightly in my seat, trying to calm my breath as a surge of anger flew through me and I tried to focus on a few butterflies that were being given to me by Archer.

    "What do you mean by that?" he bit back, a low growl emitting from the back of his throat. He was obviously offended that his sister would say that about his mate, I saw how his wolf was peeking through, curious to see how this would end up, but I was afraid that someone will end up being hurt. I was scared for both Archer and Kayley, even though she seemed to dislike me.

      "She's obviously quick to judge, call me a hypocrite. But not only did she give you a chance at the start, she also doesn't want to become the Luna of your pack, how disrespectful is that? She's sitting right here acting as if she didn't do anything wrong! And you forgive her? She doesn't care about you! She's just faking it! She ran away and now she's back, I wouldn't be surprised if she had an affair with someone else, I mean if she was loyal she would've stayed with you at the start. I don't waste my time on people like her!" she sneered out, her glare being placed on me as if she was throwing invisible daggers in her direction.

   Something had sparked within me, anger, annoyance and simply disliking towards his sister. She obviously doesn't know me and that pains me the most, I hated how her words had an effect on me, I hated how I felt useless in this situation and I hated how I didn't know what to do. The only thing I could do was glare back, my eyes turning into slit as we both had a stare down, but then a large growl ripped us from our heated stares and focused on Archer who slammed his hands on the table and stood up abruptly, his hand still in mine, his grip tight on my skin, cutting off some of the circulation.

    "We're done here, Kayley, go to your room," he ordered in a dominant tone causing Kayley to stand up quickly and run to her room. The Alpha tone clearly having an effect on her as she left the room with a slam of the door and then the room was suddenly quiet once again.