Chapter 66: Irene Rose

"Goddess, I'm so sorry Keenan," I apologised profusely as he sat on Elena's bed battered and bruised like a dropped potato. His reply was only a mere chuckle and gave me a small smile, he nodded slowly.

    "It's alright, I pushed his buttons, he is an Alpha after all," he said as he coughed out. I gave him a grim smile and lightly held his hand in comfort.

     "He treats me well, don't worry, even after everything, he treats me well," I told him, trying to give him some relief of Archer. He seemed to relax a little bit and sighed, rolling his head back into the pillow and looked up at the ceiling. 

   "Thank the Goddess, I'm glad, where is that big ol' Alpha anyway?" he joked, a brilliant smile radiating his bruised face, his relief giving me relief and I returned the smile.

    "Cooling off, he's with the pack's Alpha at the moment," I said, recalling as the beta had announced that he was to be at a meeting with the Alpha. 

    "Oh good, maybe they can discuss how stupid I am," he muttered under his breath.

    "You're not stupid, you're just protective of me," I sighed and placed a wet towel on his head and wiped off some dry blood.

    "Yeah, of course, you're my best friend," he beamed as I placed the towel back into the bowl.

    "Good, cause you're not going anywhere," I teased him and he slowly sat up on the bed, his back pressing into the headboard and groaned out in pain from his injured.

    "Man, what if I wanted to break the friendship?" he teased and I rolled my eyes, punching him in the shoulder and he winced in pain.

    "I'm an injured wolf!" he groaned and clutched the place where I had hit him.

     "Suck it up, I didn't hit you that hard," I scoffed, my hands crossing over each other.

     "You got one heck of a punch," he muttered, rubbing his tender spots and rolled his eyes.

     "I've been training a lot, a Luna has to learn how to fight for her pack," I told him, a little bit of my pride seeping through me as I gave him a large smirk.

     "So you've accepted the Luna title?" he questioned and my smile falters slightly. I guess I kinda have. What choice did I have anyway?

      "I have no choice," I stated wisely, sighing to myself as I realised the role I play.

      "Yeah, your choices have been limited, either accept or face a Pack hating you," he said, trying to make my decision lighter.

     "I guess so, I just hate being trapped into this title that I don't really want, I don't even have my wolf, so what good am I as a Luna?" I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

     "You'll have your wolf back, my wolf can sense her somewhere there, you just have to work harder to find her again," he told me, his hand reaching out to place it over my own and gave me a comforting smile which I returned back.

    "I miss her," I muttered sadly, feeling the empty spot within me where she would be.

    "I know you do," he says in a comforting voice.

     "Thank you," I smiled.

           "Hello baby," Archer beamed out, wrapping his arms around my waist and breathed in my scent. I smiled brightly, feeling the sparks tingle against my skin as I gave into his touch. I haven't seen him in two hours and I felt heavy when he wasn't around. Goddess, this bond will kill me, I swear.

         "Hi," I hummed as I buried my face into his chest, relishing the feeling of his touch.

        "What did you do today?" he murmured as he kissed my forehead lightly making me feel warm all over.

        "Looked after Keenan and bonded with my family," I responded.

        "I have to apologise to him sometime," he says out loud and I nodded, giving him another smile and went on my toes to give him a slight peck on the lips, which earned a bright smile from him. 

     "That was nice," he beamed.

      "Mmh, I think it was great," I teased and he rolled his eyes.

      "It needs to be better than that," he smirks devilishly and bends down to reach my lips, planting them fully on mine which makes butterflies erupt from my stomach as I gave into the kiss.

    He hummed in satisfaction as he gripped my waist, his lips moulding with mine deliciously as his tongue managed to seep into my mouth deepening the kiss. My toes curled in satisfaction as he moaned, nibbling my bottom lip as he brought my impossibly close to his body. He smelt like old books and pine trees, my favourite kind of scent. I felt his warmth seep into me and something calling me out just to kiss him even harder. But the kiss was slow, not going farther than savouring each other in this moment.

   After a few more seconds of bliss, he pulled back, his lips swollen from our kiss and he gave me a smile so bright, I swear I'd go blind. I bet I looked the same, my lips felt heavy and craved his kiss once more. I liked this look on him, flustered and blushing. 

    "Now, that was great," he chuckled and I nodded, feeling all light and happy inside.

        "Let's go out," Archer suggests as he takes off his jumper revealing a plain white shirt.

        "Go where?" I ask as I laid on the bed, my feet dangling off the edge as I laid side ways.

        "I don't know, let's go out to eat, I'm in the mood for fast food," he shrugs as he laid on the bed next to me, his hand going to grasp my own shooting warmth down my arm.

        "Sure, why not? I know this good place," I responded and scooted closer next to him.

     "Alright, come on, it's five o'clock and I wanna go explore," he whines like a little kid, his lip pouting out cutely. I laugh and squished his face in my hand which he rolls his eyes.

       "You're cute," I grinned and he scowls playfully.

    "I am not cute, I'm attractive, not those girly names," he says, his face contorting in annoyance.

     "You're cute if I say so," I say with a little authority in my voice and he groans out with a pout.

     "Alright, alright, I'm cute, I'm your cute," he says and goes up to plant a kiss on my lips and I laugh. as he cages me in his arms, his body weight being supported by his arms as he places kisses all over my face.

   "Stop!" I giggle as he places his lips across my cheeks and forehead, his small feather light kisses barely skimming my skin. I want his lips on my skin, goddammit.

   "Kiss me properly if you're gonna do that!" I whined, trying to bring his face closer to mine, but he dodges it, his lips still skimming my face and I groaned.

    "Dammit Archer, please?" I plead out and he smirks.

     "Alright, if that's what you want," he smiles and then dives in to kiss me fully. I also liked playful Archer.