Chapter 71: Irene Rose

A.N. Before you comment 'when is she gonna say 'I love you?'' just know that not everything happens quickly, their relationship has been rocky from the start and Irene is scared that what she feels is just infatuation and if she says 'i love you' and Archer's sight doesn't return, then her feelings aren't real. She doesn't want Archer to think that she is rushing things and Archer doesn't want her to feel obliged to say 'i love you' if he does say it. Saying 'I love you' is both trust and a saying. If they are not ready to say it. Then let them.

Furthermore, people be commenting about how can Archer tell colors if he has been blind his whole life. Just pretend he knows colors bc without colors, this story wouldn't have been created. Let's just he named the colors by himself bc people around him describe colors and he uses those names to name the colors he sees. It may never be the right color associated to the name, but it helps the book flow for you guys.

Thanks for understanding...

but anyway, get ready for a chapter y'all been waiting for... i guess

   "Irene, baby, wake up," a soothing voice said, a warm body was pressed against my own, my cheek touching skin as I groaned and then tried to hide myself into something.

    "Come on baby," they said again, a hand stroking my back sending tingles down my spine. I sighed in content and then continued to bury my face into what I was laying on and smelt the scent of pine trees and old books.

   "A few more minutes," I uttered and then yawned out, a felt a chuckle vibrate through my body and I wondered what the hell I was laying on that made movement.

   "The room service is here with our food, I have to get up, but you're clinging onto me like a koala," he said lowly in my ear. My eyes snapped open and I rubbed my eyes tiredly before looking around me. Archer stared at me with amusement and I looked at him confusedly before looking down at our position. I stared horrified and embarrassed as I realised I've been hugging him as I was sleeping. My legs were on either side of him as he was in a upright position and my chest was practically glued to his naked one.

   "I-I, oh my goddess," I stuttered embarrassingly, my cheeks heating up as his manly parts were touching my own.

   "I'm sorry," I squeaked and he chuckled loudly as I tried to peel myself off him and landed next to him. A bright smile took over his face and then bent down to kiss my forehead which was bright red.

   "It's okay beautiful, I didn't mind. I loved it actually," he said in my ear, I honestly knew he was smirking at me and I hid my face in my hands, groaning at my predicament.

    "I would love to stay in bed with you, ravishing you at how cute you are, but, we have to eat," he smiled cheekily before getting off the bed and walking to the door where I heard a knock echo into the house.

    I glanced at him, his toned backside made my mouth water and stomach churn. He was a beautiful thing to look at, he wore no shirt which gave me a mouth water view. He looked much more gorgeous with his striped pajama pants on.  I blushed at my dirty thoughts as he opened the door which revealed a dark-toned man with a cart filled with several plates of food. Archer and him conversed for a bit before the service man gave him a tray of delicious food and said his goodbyes before Archer closed the door softly behind me and gave me a beaming smile before walking towards me. I could smell the freshly made pancakes as he sat a plate on my lap and placed a glass of orange juice on the bed side table and sidled up under the cover next to me with his plate of of stacked pancakes.

  "This looks delicious," I complimented and kissed Archer's cheek softly which earned a big smile from him.

   "Not delicious as your kisses," he hummed and bent down to kiss my lips which made my toes curl in satisfaction.