Chapter 26: Irene Rose

It was just a couple of hours after the hearing ended, after my amazing speech they dismissed the courtroom and the council members, including the Alphas  (besides Alpha Archer) left to a different room where I'm pretty sure they were going to discuss Alpha Archer's fate before tomorrow where we would hear the council's decisions, and I prayed to the Moon Goddess that my speech was moving enough to make his consequence a little less harsh than I was hoping.

 I was pacing around my room whilst David was downstairs below keeping a watch of the house whilst Alpha James was away. I was still in my outfit that I wore in the courtroom and my shoes were thrown somewhere around the room as I paced back and forth while nervousness was eating my insides. I was terrified for Alpha Archer's fate even when he did some horrible things, but his past shed a new light on him.

  My neck was throbbing less and was slightly going back to normal which meant I was beginning to accept him as mate and I was glad that the swelling had stopped. I had not trusted Alpha Archer fully, but I was beginning to understand him and truth be told, I'm happier that I understand him more and he was starting to partially trust me.

  After the speech I had given in the courtroom Alpha Archer gave me a slight smile before glancing away, but my stomach was in a frenzy when he did that and I cannot stop thinking about the slight smile that meant he was grateful. He was still being kept in the dungeons, but I had heard from David he was being given a larger meal and much more nicer amenities. When I heard it I breathed a sigh of relief and retreated back in my room. 

  I was honestly tired of pacing and had taken rest on the bed, the cool comforter bringing a wave of calmness through me as I tried to rest my racing mind. It was only four pm, and I had a few more hours before we got our answer and I was dying to know. David wasn't much help in trying to ease my nervousness as he came by frequently to check on me which made me get started.

   It was around six o'clock and the majority of the pack members were going to have a picnic. I had taken a look out the window to see them bunching up around the large field with fire pits randomly placed across it, there were a few trees scattered about, but that was really it. The Crystal Waters pack seemed really peaceful, so far the horizon was setting and people were cooking meat over the fires and sitting on tradition red and white blankets. The children were playing soccer and the adults conversed whilst they cooked. I really liked this pack, it would've been a nice pack to live in.

  My eyes stared longingly at a couple who sat alone by the fire, their hands intertwined as they chuckled together as they pointed out some kids who were playing, they seemed really in love. I wish I had something like that, but I still liked to showcase independence. If Alpha Archer and I had that special connection, I think it would be really nice. I mean, you'd have someone to talk to and even just share nice moments. 

  My thoughts were rudely interrupted by David who touched my shoulder lightly, he gave me a slight smile before looking over my shoulder and at the cute couples and children. "You know, you can go over there with your family. I honestly don't mind. You don't have to keep me the company you know?" I told him, looking at his face. He looked at me and our eyes locked for a second before he shrugged and moved over to sit on the bed.

  "A tempting offer, but I'm under strict orders to keep an eye out, just in case Alpha Archer decides to escape," he said, spitting out Alpha Archer's name with disgust. I rolled my eyes at his rudeness and sat on the bed with him.

 "He's not all bad you know. He's just- well, misunderstood." I commented and laid down on the bed hugging one of the white pillows. He chuckled and put his hands behind his back to steady him. "Only you would say that Irene. I don't know, I don't like the dude. It's not right to forcefully mark someone, with or without control of your wolf." he spat out, his eyes hardening very quickly.