Chapter 74: Third Person's POV

A.N GOAL 412k

IF WE REACH THE GOALS THEN YOU GET A CHAPTER, SO KEEP SHARING

A

        Irene looked almost dead as she sat on the beach, night already turning into the day as she looked aimlessly towards the ocean, no words spoken as the silver stains lined her cheeks. Eyes puffy and throat scratchy from crying as she simply tried to stop the negative words that threatened to get out of its cage. She just couldn't take it anymore, the unbearable pain stood still in between numbing sensations in her heart. The silence was deafening, the only sound that seemed to ever emit was the quiet pulses of the waves that seem to bring her serenity and weirdly, peace. 

  She wanted so desperately to run back and hope that he did remember her, but she knew deep in her heart that there was a low chance of that ever happening again. She sighed, trying to fight back the new set of tears that wanted to leave her eyes, the pain she didn't want to show. This was her holiday and she shouldn't cry, she had to be strong for him. For Archer.

  By this time, she heard a rustle of bushes behind her, she didn't seem alarmed, she didn't even care. She wanted nothing more than to be taken away and hopefully never be seen again, but that was to drastic and couldn't leave Archer here. The heavy footsteps sounded very familiar that her breath hitched at the sound. She was now alert, her back tingling in anticipation as something calm washed over her and she instantly knew what was causing this. There mere presence of her mate was enough to slightly calm her down.

   She didn't move her eyes as the figure sat down next to her, a painful few feet away that made her heart clench. Archer sighed, taking a side-way glance to the stranger whose eyes were puffy and their eyes lost it's spark. It felt like a jab in the chest knowing it was he who caused this. He felt like tearing up all over again, but he kept it cool for her sake. 

    "Are you not cold?" he had whispered to her as the wind picked up speed that the clouds had moved away allowing the moonlight to shine above them both. It was quite cold, it made the hairs on Irene stick up, but she didn't reply back. She did not trust her voice, she only looked forward.

    "Are you not going to go back inside? I do not want you to be cold," he said, moving a little closer as he thought she did not hear him the first time. Irene almost melted and teared up at his words, the caring Archer was not gone and she only begged the Moon Goddess that he'd remember. Again, she did not answer. Archer sighed in defeat, but noticed that goosebumps started to sprout on her skin as another gust of wind blew around them, Irene shivered. A sudden feeling of protectiveness flowed through him and quickly stood up and dashed back inside. 

  Irene felt alone, thinking to herself that she was too stubborn that he couldn't even handle her. Leaving her to fend for herself, she pitied herself for being so weak and allowed a lone tear to slip past her guards and flow freely down her cheek. The next thing she knew was the feeling of a soft material draping over her shoulders and someone sitting down close to her. The warmth familiar and the smell of Archer lingering on the blanket which Archer quickly retrieved from the bedroom and draped over in hopes that she wouldn't feel cold. He didn't want her cold, certainly not, she was to beautiful to get sick.

  Irene almost teared up at action, the selfless act just made it so hard for her not to cry in front of the person she loved. Archer saw this, heck, he felt it squeeze his heart and tried his best to not look away. She was upset, and a man shouldn't leave someone upset.

    "I am sorry, I don't know why I cannot remember," he whispered to her, his arm scraping against hers making goosebumps rise on both of their skins, the touch electrifying them. Archer gave a confused look, but at the same time, he oddly liked feeling that spark.