EXTRA CHAPTER 8

alternate reality

alternate reality

how it could've happened (in the beginning from chapter 2)

But, as I sat there praying. I found myself smelling the same scent that I smelt in the library, allowing it to engulf me in a quiet embrace, and as I looked up from my tears. I saw two electric blue eyes staring directly at me, almost calming me and I inhaled the scent once more. The person kneeled down so that we were at eye level, I watched as he closed his eyes inhaling my scent, but he kept a small distance away, and I wanted nothing more than to reach out to him and embrace him, pulling him closer. I stayed still, watching his eyes open, turning darker by the second as he moved closer, his hand reached out to caress my cheek and when he touched it, I saw colors, all shades, and all tints. It was magical, and when it all stopped, we whispered the same words together.

mate

My heart stopped for just a couple of seconds, I saw the look in his eyes as he inhaled my scent, devouring what was floating in the air, his blue eyes turning dark as if he couldn't see me he turned away and inhaled more of my scent. It was captivating, he seemed so gentle as my wolf purred in delight and when I inhaled him in, I could sense the power radiating off him, signaling he was a high rank, he was an Alpha

My heart stuttered and my mind went blank, my blood ran cold as I stared into those perfect blue eyes that captured me with its gaze. I was damn afraid I was going to be taken away from my family, friends, and pack. It was a tradition that I was to leave my entire family behind, and the lone thought of not being able to contact them made me want to cry. A lot of Alphas was possessive and didn't like their mate leaving them or having contact with a lot of people, plus, becoming a Luna consumed her time and I just couldn't be her. Although my wolf was howling in pure happiness and reveled in the thought of holding power, I feared it. Terrified of it

I couldn't lead a pack, I couldn't even take care of my own siblings, properly. How could the Goddess expect me to have such a big responsibility? I blinked back the tears that threatened to spill behind my eyes as my breathing haggard with emotions. I felt like sobbing, but his presence managed to stop it as his fingers tentatively skimmed my face, holding in his palm like fine china. Concerned was written across his face, his minty breath fanned my lips as his eyes looked through me, as if he couldn't see me. But, I didn't think much of it as his touch sent tingles, no- sparks down my spine as if I had caught on fire.

He was so careful as he held me in his hands, he wasn't speaking as if I had stolen his breath away with just one look. His gaze held me captive as I stared straight at him, fear still present in my veins. But, another look at him washed my doubts and worries away and calmed me. 

"Don't panic beautiful, I promise nothing will happen to you," he whispered, his deep-toned voice sent shivers through my body and my body heated up because of it. His calming voice managed to get a nod out of me and then his breath-taking smile followed after.