Chapter 40: Alpha Archer's POV

It was four in the morning when I woke with my mate sleeping soundly on top of me, her face buried in the crook of my neck and her lips planted where her mark would usually go. I felt content and proud to have her here in my arms as she slept. One hand placed on her right thigh and the other one on her back, she was warm and I liked the feel of her against my body. My wolf hummed in satisfaction at the look of our mate lying on top of us and I lightly smirked at the thought of her naked.

  I shook it off, I didn't want something going up at this time.

   My face moved to press my lips tenderly on her neck, placing light kisses up and down where her mark was and the curve of her neck. I felt her shiver involuntarily on top of me, but that didn't stop me from giving her kisses. She was very much adorable when she slept, I could feel her mouth twitch upwards as I continued my small assault on her body. She moved slightly, but my hands kept her in place until I stopped and her body responded amazingly by pressing her neck against my mouth and I shivered in delight. 

  But, I knew she wouldn't like waking up to something like this, it was too rushed or forward and she seemed to be the type of girl to take it slow, so unwillingly I moved her face away from my neck, but when I did so, she moved slightly so her face was buried into the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent. My wolf purred in delight and I told him off but kept Irene there for comfort and warmth. She seemed to be like a little ball of heat just nestling on top of me. For a few minutes of just laying there enjoying her warmth, she moved again, and she was then on my right side of my body, still clinging to me whilst her head buried in my neck. She seemed to like the positions where her face was there, it felt nice, something I had not experienced in a while.

  I took this time to twist my head to see what she was feeling. Her aura indicated that she was feeling calm and at peace with the light blue in the middle of her body spreading out, showing the outline of her body. Ever since her heat, my eyesight had reached new lengths with being able to see faint outlines of objects and the aura of animals. It was wonderful. I liked this site better, I didn't have to see things to know they were all beautiful, but my mate would be the one that would take the prize of who was more beautiful, even though I couldn't see her.

  It was a shame that I wasn't able to see her and if I ever see or hear about the witch that cursed me, I would seriously kill her, no joke. Although being blind had some disadvantages, there were some advantages. I mean I wouldn't judge people by the way they dress or how they look like, I'll judge them solely on their personality and now, how they feel at times. This way it would be easier to get to know people and enjoy the simplest of things.

   Irene stirred next to me and before you knew it, she was awake by the surprised aura in the middle of her body. It was clearly obvious she was surprised about the position we were in or because I was looking right at her, at least I think I was. 

   "Mmm, morning," she rasped out, and I swear I shivered because of her morning voice. I liked it a lot, and so did my wolf. 

   "Morning," I beamed out before kissing her nose lightly and she her melodic giggles filled the room bringing me warmth in my heart and body.

   "You have morning breath," she giggled out and I gave out breathy chuckle which changed her aura to a reddish pinkish colour and I felt her shiver in my arms. 

  "Sorry, I can't help it," I told her before placing both my hands on her waist and bringing her closer towards me. She wiggled in my arms, giggling and squirming as she tried to fight me, it was pointless, but I'll let her try. With my hands firmly placed on her waist or her body, I lightly drew circles, skimming the area slowly. She stopped all movement and her aura changed to a deep red, but she didn't seem angry in any way. Irene shivered in my arms and I knew what the colour meant and my lips tweaked into a smirk as I continued my slow movements.

   Playfully, my lips found her neck, skimming the surface of her right shoulder, giving light kisses there. She continued to shiver, I felt goosebumps rising slowly and before I knew she gave out a breathy moan and I felt something twitch inside of me and for some odd reason, I like the feel of it. Soon enough, my assault had finished on her neck and all over the right side of her neck were red and purples spots where my lips and nipped her skin.

    The look of my marks on her flushed skin and stirred my wolf, he wanted to take a control, but I held him back. It was too hard to not take her right there, but she had boundaries just like me and I wanted to respect that if she respected mine. Her eyes soon met mine, her cheeks flushed with red and her eyes filled with passion. I gave her a small smile which made her lips tweak into her own smile, brightening up my day more than I thought it could.

   Her smile could literally make my day and I hope that I'll be the only guy to make her smile like that.

A.N Short chappie because I'm out of the country, lolol.