Chapter 18: Irene Rose

My breaths were ragged and short as I trudged through this large plot of land between several packs and where the rogues hide. A small wolf-less girl like me would never survive this type of terrain, however, I knew the lands like a few wolves, with all the reading and fascination of the wolf world I would know how to survive this area. This was a forest area, meaning there would be rabbits, critters, ponds or streams and possibly edible berries. 

I managed to trek through the area with ease, pointing out some areas that I've read about and taking note of how close I was to my pack. I was a good twenty-five mile away meaning I would have around nine hours to get to the area I wanted to be, but by the time I'd get there it would be night time, and when the moon comes up the wolves come to play. 

The distance between Alpha Archer and I would be around 5 miles, meaning I've walked/run for a good 2 hours. The masking spray would be almost gone by now and I would have to shield most of my scent with mud so I could smell like the earth. My feet were very much tired, it started to ache around the toe and heel area, plus my back was aching from the weight of my bag and I needed to rest.

I decided I would keep walking for a little bit more until I found a place to rest and regain my strength, after walking for about ten more minutes, I found a small stream that descended down from where I was, it was quite peaceful and a good place to rest and wash my tired feet. Smiling, I bent down to wash my hands which had been covered in the dirt along with my hands and feet. I breathed a sigh of relief as I felt my feet go into the cold waters, soothing their pains for a little while as I sat in this calm area where I heard no signs of other wolves or critters, making me ease a little. Opening my bag, I grabbed the opened bag of chips and started to munch on them, easing my growling stomach as I consumed more and more of the packet until it was half full.

Satisfied, I wiped away the water and washed away the smell of potato chips in the stream. I placed on my socks and shoes before I ventured out again, this time I was around twenty-four miles away and the sun was already at its peak, I had to start sprinting to lessen the time.

I picked up speed until I was a fast jog, my lungs burning from the lack of exercise as I continued to run across the area, using my eyes to make sure no one was watching me as I ran for it. 

I had made it to a pack, I was not sure of which pack I had made it to, but I made it. My legs were aching and my hair was mangled into a birds nest, highly unattractive to anyone's eyes. This area was quite small and I strayed away from the route to my pack, fearing that war would be raged upon it I decided to take another route which led me to this area. 

By the smell of this place, everything was clean, green trees were surrounding the area and tall buildings that surrounded the perimeter of it. I could barely see through the large fences that surrounded the pack, however by the scents the pack was giving off, it was a large area. I stopped in front of the gates, two large guards growled at me as I raised my hands up in surrender. 

"I come in peace, I'm was kidnapped by a neighbouring pack and wish to seek a place of rest. May I please speak to your Alpha?" I questioned, breathing in heavily as the two guards gazed at each other before one spoke. "Are you a rogue?" one asked, he had bright blue eyes and a good build as he eyes me suspiciously. 

"Do I look or smell like a rogue?" I snorted, putting my hands down as they both neared closer. The one that had asked stood there dumbfounded as the other one snickered and shoved him slightly. "We will take you to our Alpha." the one with blonde hair spoke and gestured me towards him. 

'Kind people' I thought to myself as I walked towards him.

Both guards positioned beside me as they opened the wooden gate slowly revealing their amazing pack land. It was a rustic area, trees covered the majority of the area and children roamed freely across cement roads. The houses looked almost the same with vines and greenery growing on them as paved our roads carved the area. I admired how it looked as we passed by a few houses, keeping in mind how homey they looked compared to Alpha Archer's or my pack.