Chapter 42: Irene Rose

A.N DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND COMMENT! PLS SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS BOOK :)))

     I left back to Archer's pack with a big smile on my face, my lips still tingling from his kiss and heart still beating rapidly from his touch. Luna Lilly had a smirk plastered on her face as she saw my expression after meeting with Archer, she obviously felt smug from my face and nudged my on the shoulder with a questioning eyebrow.

    "So, how was the meet-up?" she grinned as we drove into the forest. I blushed as I tried to fight the smile that oh so wanted to appear on my face, I tried to hold back all my emotions.

   "Uh, it was interesting," I said as I tried to keep my cool, but after a few seconds, I failed myself and a big smile had etched its way onto my face and a very amused expression appeared on Luna Lilly's face.

   "Interesting huh?  I can practically smell him on you!" she squeals in delight and it instantly made me wonder if she was actually younger than she looked, Luna Lilly was basically acting like a fangirling teenager. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks and looked away as I recalled the moment Archer's lips had touched mine.

   "Okay, okay, whatever Luna Lilly. I get it, you're excited that I've given Archer another chance," I muttered out as she gave me the googly eyes.

    "I'm very much excited, finally my boy realises what is in front of him. Now, when we get home, it is back to studying about your position soon. After your little honeymoon with Archer after his training, you will be soon announced as the Luna of the pack." she exclaimed as she grabbed my shoulders and shook me back and forth, clear excitement on her face.

     "Yay," I said, deflated at the busy weeks that will be soon to come and the thought of being Luna was heavy on my shoulders. I guess Luna Lilly had seen my sodden expression and stopped her shaking and looked at me and the eye with a concerned expression on her face.

    "What's wrong dear? Is it something I said?" she questioned me before placing her hands on her lap, one eyebrow arching slightly and all playfulness has disappeared from her face. I sighed deeply and ran one hand through my hair.

   "I-its just that, I'm nervous to become a Luna, especially a pack with such size. It's so much responsibility and I wished I spent my time when I didn't meet Archer exploring the world, and now I'm afraid I won't be able too. Forgive me Luna for saying this, but, I don't want to be a Luna, I'm not mentally prepared for it. Plus, the pack is still doing their 'therapy' and I feel as if they'll hate me, they are not the nicest bunch towards Archer when he was a child, heck, they aren't the nicest bunch now. I'm not ready to lead your pack, I'm sorry." I said truthfully and then I looked up to see Luna Lilly with a masked expression on her face. I saw no emotions in her eyes and her face gave nothing away and an unnerving feeling had settled into the pit of my stomach.

    I felt terrible for saying that I don't want to become Luna, sure, it is an exciting position and all. The Moon Goddess had chosen me to become a Luna for this pack and I don't want it as much as many should do. But, she did ask me what was wrong and lying didn't seem like a good option. I looked away, afraid of judgement from someone of higher importance and my eyes were pricking with tears as disappointment had settled on her face before she looked away.

   "I'm sorry, I really am," I apologised and then my body shifted slightly so I could face the window and allow the tension to arise in the air for the rest of the car drive.

     I came back to the mansion and left Luna Lilly to give her space from the new information she had heard from me. I still felt terrible for saying I wasn't ready, I put it nicely at least, but the look on her face said it all. She almost looked offended that I said such things as if I cursed in front of her or a child. I didn't like the feeling she gave off, but it was my fault. I think Luna Lilly was overreacting, I put everything into perspective and told her the truth, what more does she want from me?

   Does she expect me to rule the pack within the next few months? I'm still doing my Luna training which means something, I'll try my best, sure, but I'm not ready now, maybe in a few years when I feel more connected to the pack. But, right now, the pack doesn't seem to like me at all. I feel like a lone wolf right now and without my wolf, I have no guidance at all! It's not fair to have so many responsibilities on my shoulders at this point in time and no matter how much training I'll get, I may never feel apart of the pack. No mark on my shoulder says I'm tied to the pack instantly, my mate as Alpha doesn't automatically say I'll accept my fate as Luna and me being in the pack doesn't mean I'm connected.

   It's not fair for me and it's not fair for the pack. Luna Lilly will just have to accept my decisions and even though I feel terrible, it's the truth and that's what matters right?

       Time flew by and soon enough one month has passed, things between Luna Lilly and I have been tense. I'm still doing my training with her and I'm still reading in the library and have made friends with Jacob who comes visit me almost every day for a small chat. Sometimes I join in the calls when the family calls Archer. But, for some reason, I don't think the whole family likes me. I've only met Jacob and have heard of his sister and his other brother, but I've never really met them. I've seen them in the kitchen and in hallways, but they've always seemed to be ignoring me and I don't know why. Maybe Luna Lilly has informed them about what I said and are disgusted by me. 

    It's not their fault though, I said what I said and I can't take it back. I just have to accept the fact that I will be Luna soon even if it against my wishes, I have to suck it up because my pack needs me and unfortunately I have no choice. 

A.N idk if this is filler chapter?! but anywho...