Chapter 27: Alpha Archer

My wrists burned with every movement, my body slow and aching, whilst my mind was awake with thoughts. My wolf had fully healed from the effects of the drought and was wide awake with anger and confusion. I had blocked him off the first hour and was filled with loneliness and heartache. Irene had defended me when I did not deserve it.

   I heard every word she spoke in the hearing, she was defending me and I couldn't be any more thankful. Hearing her voice that laced with determination, worry and dread was something I could never forget, seeing her aura mixed with emotions told me she was confused about her actions, her emotions and her thoughts. She pulled back information, however, told the story of her days with me. When I told my point of view, I did not hold back any emotion and every stone was turned and faced the world, when I finished I saw how much she was so nervous and I saw how she held sympathy and empathy, it wasn't so hard to see, she was oozing out those emotions.

  How the fuck did I get so lucky?

 I think the Moon Goddess was playing me, no one in the right mind would even give me another chance. Everyone in the damn courtroom held emotions of anger, sadness, confusion and sympathy, however, very little people had that emotion. My family had frustration and embarrassment etching into their aura, I was a failure of an Alpha, I was not the face that my pack would want. I knew that for sure.

  After the hearing I was taken away and placed back into my cell, my heart heavy and my mind clouded with thoughts. I couldn't believe what I said and what Irene said, we were both polar opposites, yet she defended me even when the blame was placed on me. My past was something I could never forget, it haunts me, but somehow, Irene managed to shed some light on my past and my behaviour and I don't I guess my heart swelled a little.

  My wolf has been more on edge ever since he found out we've been locked in a cage being treated like a prisoner. He was literally growling at me to get out of here, but the bars on my hands had restricted me to do so. I kept fighting back with him, but for some reason, he couldn't take no for an answer, so I blocked him off whilst I waited for the verdict of my fate.

      The next morning arrived quicker than expected. It was time to know what will become of me.

  I wasn't sure whether or not I would be stripped away from my Alpha title or whether or not I'll be killed for what I've done, but I hoped it wasn't the killing. As I laid in bed, I allowed the connection between my wolf and me to be opened, the nerves were getting to me and I didn't know who else to talk to that would listen.

  'Finally, you wanted to talk to me!' he growled viciously, his anger seeping through my mind as I felt his furry paws padding against my mind. 

  'You were being irrational, any attack or thing I do could be used against me.' I replied shortly as I looked up at the ceiling. 

 'I don't care! They have our mate out there who could be fucking anyone at this point in time.' he snarled, he wanted to get out now. The idea of Irene with another could not make any sense, she said she would give me a chance and if she did go off with another wolf I would've felt it, whether to connection is blocked off or not.

  'She wouldn't do that to us. You of all wolves would know that.' I reasoned as Venus' growls became louder. 

  'You may be right, but you never know. She could be falling for someone else and you wouldn't even feel it.' he bit.

  'No. She said she would give us a chance! Stop talking about it right now!' I ordered him, even though I knew he would not listen to my orders.