Chapter 50: Irene Rose

A.N DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT

ARENE FOR LIFE! 

70k?!?! OML THANK YOU ALL

READ BABY STEPS, PLEASE & TANKS

(THREE DAYS AFTER)

  Missing someone has always been easy for me, it was like a dull ache whenever I thought of them, like my friends I had left in my old pack. I know it was selfish of me to only miss them a tiny bit, I missed my family more and, well, Archer is a totally different case. Every time I thought of him, I felt like something was missing as if a piece of my body was yearning for something which was miles away. My heart would always have a burning sensation whenever I thought of him and as time went by, I felt myself becoming more depressed without him. He had become a drug that I haven't taken in ages.

   I had finally accepted his past and who he was as a person, and now the bond was repairing itself accordingly.

   My mark had finally turned back to what it should've been, it had looked like two puncture holes which had sealed up and every time I had touched it, a wave of happiness had bubbled over me. I felt good to have a reminder of him, granted the way it was conceived wasn't in the best of conditions. I looked at myself in the mirror and inspected my mark, I had closed off the link between Archer and me to help him continue on his therapy without me bombarding questions or distracting him. But, every time I touched my mark, I feel as if, he could feel it too.

   My Luna training has been alright, every time I was in a room with Luna Lilly, it felt tense, however, she has eased off a bit, making me wonder the meeting she had with Archer. Kayley had suddenly started to talk to me, granted, it's not the best of talks, it's usually a simple good morning or a good night whenever I see her, but it's progress and I couldn't help but feel a little happier. Except, I still felt lonely. 

    Jacob and a few of the maids have been keeping me company from time to time, with my training, I've learnt some of the pack members names and little children who've grown an interest in getting to know me. So far, I wasn't the best Luna out there, but I was trying and that's what seemed to matter for the wolves in the pack. I have accepted my fate as Luna, but still felt wary about becoming one, I haven't been the best to the pack and Luna Lilly still feels mad about the whole ordeal, but that's what happened for trying to rush into things.

    "Uh, Hey," someone said making me snap out of my thoughts and towards the bathroom door where surprisingly, a familiar blonde was standing with her arms she crossed together, staring at me.

    "Hey, Kayley is something wrong?" I questioned her as I turned to face her, confusion etching my face because she's never one to come up to me, especially in my bathroom.

     "Erm, no. I was wondering, you don't have to say yes, but if you'd like to come with a couple of my friends and I to the Pack mall? It'll only be my two friends and me, but if you don't want to go, it's totally okay," she said, rushing a few words as she tried to look anywhere else but me. Surprise took over my face, but I casually tried to hide it, this was the first time she invited me to anything, let alone speak something more than three words.

     "Are you sure? I don't want to intrude," I replied slowly, my gaze catching hers as she nodded slowly.

    "Yeah, I guess if you're joining the family, I have to get to know you sooner or later," she reasoned, trying to sound off cool or laid back, but I could hear the annoyed, yet shy tone in her voice. I gave her a small smile and nodded slowly.

     "I don't see why not, when will we be going?" I asked her as she tried to give me a small smile. This was a difficult task to her.

     "In an hour, just meet me in the kitchen and then we'll head out," she told me and then waved goodbye before rushing out to leave my room. Once I couldn't hear her footsteps, I let out a deep sigh, my brain swarming with questions and answers, trying to come up with a solution as to why she would talk to me in the first place. This must've been Archer's doing, forcing her to spend time with me as I am his mate. Such a childish request to get her to talk to me, but in Archer's eyes, I guess he wanted me to have another friend beside Jacob.