Chapter 22: Third Person's POV

Worried had set in for the unlikely pair, both Irene and Archer were worried sick for two different reasons. Venus, who was Archer's wolf plunged into the woods with the only thought running through his head was Irene. Thus, making his host unreachable, the wolf was angry and only wanted his mate by his side, not his friends or family, just her. He was running blindly, not knowing where his precious mate is, he charged further deep into the forest trying to catch her scent. 

 However, poor little Irene did not understand what was happening around the pack she resided in and stayed cautious of the pack members of the Crystal Waters pack just in case someone would attack them, she would be ready to leave without a second thought. David was observant to this unique she-wolf, he took note as she worried and he wondered what was going through that pretty little brain of hers. 

  They both sat watching the warriors train, the young she-wolf wanting to join in, but was afraid to be pummelled into the ground as she was weak. David knew she wanted to train with his fellow friends, he could see the longing look in her eyes as she watched intently as the she-wolves trained hard so early in the morning. Her eyes wide as she saw one of the she-wolves hit the other she-wolf's cheek harshly, however, the victim was not phased and hit the other bank.

 'How strong' she thought to herself and kept on watching, not knowing that Archer's wolf was on a hunt for her.

  The frustrated Venus pointed his nose in the air, trying to smell his precious mate out, but the masking spray made it difficult to hunt for her. The wind was picking up, going straight towards him, the wolf used this to his advantage as a few wolves scents were picked up, flowing in the harsh winds, sadly none of the scents was hers, but he kept his mind active telling to himself he will find her if it was the last thing he would do. 

  Persistent he was as he walked farther and farther away from his pack, sniffing the floor and air as his other half, Archer was screaming at him to let him take control. An angry wolf was dangerous, especially a wolf like Venus. He would not stop until he finds her, he'd kill anyone who gets in his way, she was his and no one else's. Venus would go into his human form and take her there and then when he finds her, breaking the poor girl's heart even more and he wouldn't even care as long as she is with him.

  Venus had taken a break from the same stream that his mate was, he sat down on the same patch of grass she sat on and waited for the familiar scent. The anger he had was slowly disappearing, however, a small scowl still lingered on his face as his host was banging furiously against his brain, wanting to be set free. However, Venus had paid no attention to his host and stayed still waiting for the scent. 

  You'd think that the place young Irene once sat on, the wolf would smell her and he did. It was quite faint, almost not even there, but Venus had smelt the delicious smell of roses mixed with a hint of lavender, and that was all he needed before he dashed off, keen on finding the smell he longed for. For a few minutes, the scent was stale in the air, meaning it has been hours since she wandered the area, but her scent alone meant she was alive or possibly breathing. He didn't care. He yipped and howled loudly to the moon, thanking her for helping him find the scent.

 He took note on how his little Mate was wandering towards her back, but after a couple miles, she had turned around and set off into a new direction. 

  'Clever' He thought and dashed on straight to where the direction had changed, his heart was pounding loudly, or that was Archer trying to be in control again. He did not care, he wanted his mate and he was going to get her if she came willingly or not.

  As he did so, precious Irene was talking to a few children who were playing on the swings, as she talked to them she admired how peaceful and happy they were, they had no worries and she loved that about them. What surprised her the most was a scene where a young boy was being bullied by two older kids, she was about to go up to the kids and defend him when a girl around the same height as the crying boy started yelling at the two kids. She saw how the young girl told them to buzz off and the kids listened with boredom until they ran away, soon after the young girl hugged the small boy and tapped lightly on his head, then rushed off together to play on the swing.

  In her pack, the young she-wolves would be taught that males were dominant and were meant to do as they were told, but here the she-wolves wolves had a back bone which made this pack all the better. As she watched and chatted with the children, Alpha James watched from afar,  amused at her expressions of interest and was fond of how well she was with the kids.

  He knew that someone was out there looking for Irene, he was angered by the thought of a she-wolf being taken advantage of and wanted to give hell to the person who inflicted pain on this young wolf. They were the reason her wolf was missing and by wolf law, anyone would be able to punish the person who did a treacherous act, and he was going to find them.

  Keeping Irene within his walls meant that he could keep an eye on her as someone was bound to go looking for her, he had sent multiple troops to scan the area over two miles away from the pack to see if anyone was rushing to find her or showed signs of doing so. He was so curious on how the young she-wolf was still happy, he thought she would have traumatic nightmares or flash backs, but she seemed content on where she was and that pleased Alpha James' wolf.

  Both of them would admit that Irene was quite beautiful, with her new hairstyles and striking blue eyes it was no wonder why she was taken a hostage and this angered the Alpha more. Why someone so beautiful would be hurt and kept hostage when those wolves should be praising her and treating her like a queen. Alpha James would have treated her like one if she was his second chance mate, however, she wasn't and that made him terribly sad. 

  But no matter, he would protect her no matter who or what was coming after her, even when she did not tell them whom. Just as seems started to become brighter for Irene, she heard sirens wailing around her. She gasped, standing up, she knew what those sirens meant and she knew who they were. As people ran from their homes and gathered supplies, warriors who she saw training rushed and helped the people, everyone was making their scents with the sprays and she saw the street lights spraying out some liquid from a tap, the children used this and let themselves be overcome with the spray before rushing into a hall where everyone else was rushing too. 

  She was panicking, they had found her, or more in detail. He had found her and it was her time to leave.

A.N Thanks for all the lovely comments.

COMMENT & VOTE