Chapter 24: Alpha Archer

Everything in my body stung, the wounds on my sides and my fractured leg made the pain almost unbearable, but I hoped my Alpha blood would repair my wounds quickly. Venus was again trapped in my mind, he was still dazed by the sleeping drought as he was the one who was injected with it, however, I remained with no effects.

  My hands were bound by silver as I was trapped in a fairy large cage in the dungeons where Alpha James kept me. I winced at the slight burn the silver had and everything around me seemed dull as there was no aura to be picked up, I was alone in this dungeon with only my wolf as a company, whom I did not wish to speak to at the moment as he had caused a good amount of damage. 

  My warriors were being kept in the infirmary and probably was soon to be let out and taken back to my pack where my beta or brother would be in charge. I knew none of the whereabouts of my mate, but I longed to see her and make sure she was alright. It was funny to think Venus' attempt of recovering Irene from where she was kept was wasted on a battle which took place two days ago and now I was being charged with the breaking of Wolf law. 

  I did not know what would be the outcome of my predicament, nor would I allow myself to be taken away. I had a pack to take care of, whether or not I was leaving with my mate. I really wished I stayed in a nicer room. 

  I should be angry at being treated like trash, but I knew this is my payment and I should be angry at myself. At first, I hated being in a cell and growled at everything, but today all the anger was inside me and about me, and I have no one to blame for myself. I should have taken better control over my wolf and now look where it has got me. It was all my wolf's fault, and I have to be the one to pay the price, firstly with this room.

  Alpha James had left me a bed with a pillow and a blanket, and a small toilet, which was hard to use with my hands bound together and hard to find with my sight and all. The dungeon was very cold and I kept myself warm by using the blanket James had left for me. My wounds were cleaned every hour or so and I was given meals that my omegas would eat, which was just rice and cold chicken. I was treated a better as a prisoner than the prisoners at my pack, James' pack was quite nice to be fair.

  As my sight could only take me so far, I had to use my hands and legs to find my bed and find the end of my cell to the next. I had kept myself busy by replaying all the bad things that I've done and given lectures to my wolf. Being here just made me feel guiltier. Which I have not experienced in ages.

  I was notified that I had lost five of my warriors during the battle and had almost my whole two squadrons bedridden for the next couple of days and would return to my pack by the end of the week. My hearing with the Wolf Council would be tomorrow and then my fate would be decided the next day. The hearing would give me a chance to see my mate once again, and even though I had been cruel to her, I hoped she would hear me out and forgive me. My attitude has changed as I watched my wolf slaughter warriors and injure an innocent Alpha.

  I could hear the dungeon door open and the smell of Alpha James wafted through the area which mixed with the smell of rotting meat and wet sewers. I could hear his long strides as he made haste towards my cell and when I heard him open my cell, I knew I was in for a long talk. The scents of two other guards wafted in and I was betting they were guarding the dungeon door as Alpha James' aura appeared before me. It was calm and blue, signalling that he was indeed calm and collected at this very moment.

  "Alpha Archer. As you are aware your hearing would be tomorrow and then your fate will be decided the next day. However, I may be the one that told the Wolf Council, I feel responsible for not telling that your mate is in my pack." he told me and my heart hammered in my chest at the thought of my mate being here. However, my wolf was more on edge at the thought of her being here with this Alpha.

  "She is safe, do not fear. During the battle she was kept hidden, she feared that staying here would cause a commotion and I could now see why. I made her stay during the battle as it was of utmost importance that you were brought here for questioning. As I am a kind Alpha, it is my pack's own rules that you may see your mate before the hearing. However, you will be watched and I will allow you to talk for ten minutes before returning back to your cell." he added and I breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing my mate was safe and I could see her once more. My wolf was excited, he was still drowsy but I could hear him yip happily in my mind and I stood up with a small smile on my face.

  "Thank you, James. I am deeply sorry for all the pain I have caused your pack." I said respectfully as it was of my packs custom we thank anyone for doing a good deed and this was definitely a good one. He hummed in response and guided me with the help of two guards to wherever my mate was.  My heart was full hammering my chest and crazy thoughts erupted in my mind about what Irene would think of me. Even though I was treating her poorly, I want my mate to think all good things, but I know that she would hate me and I cannot have that. This was my chance to say sorry, once and for all.

  Alpha James had to say goodbye, however, instructed the guards to allow me ten minutes with Irene alone and left. I sighed and continue to walk where ever these guards were taking me. It was a five minute walk and I assumed we were where Alpha James lived as I could smell his scent even when it was slightly masked by some masking spray, I sniffed around, the guards shoving me in and shutting the door behind them before pushing me up what felt like stairs and into a room where her scent hit my like truck.

  I missed it, her sweet scent of roses and hints of lavender flowed in my nostrils. My legs weakening and my wolf was howling at me, it was the first time I met her. Her scent weakened me. The two guards had left the room and left me to bask in her smell, I could see her sitting on the bed, her aura was calm, however a sense of nervousness and fear was in the mix. I stumbled my way towards her, the drowsy effect of the drought still in me as I faced her. I knelt on my knees and did what I thought I could never do. I started to tear up in front of her.

  I have never cried in front of many people, she was an exception. All the horrible things I did to her, every single thing that inflicted, all her pain and all her worries rested on my shoulders and being me, I didn't think much of it until now. All the grief flowed out of me as I kneeled there vulnerable in front of her, a woman was usually every man's weakness and here I was crying silent tears in front of her, no words were said as a great beast knelt before his queen. 

   My shielded eyes did not know what she was doing until she started to rub my back in a slow motion, comforting me and providing me with stability as I cried. 

  "I have done nothing to deserve you," I muttered out as I allowed my restraints on my hand burn me as we stayed like this for a couple of minutes before we spoke.

   "I am sorry for all the pain I caused you, I had no control of my wolf then, and I have little control of my wolf and anger now. I did not wish to harm you Irene, but my anger was blinding me. I understand if you were to reject me, but I need to tell you something before anything happens." I told her, it was the time she knew why I was the way I am.

A.N This is getting really intense. LIKE & COMMENT

THANKS FOR 5000 READS!