Chapter 91: Irene Rose

A.N The Blind Alpha will be finishing soon! Please read my other books! I love you all! Should I do a sequel or like a spin-off to Alpha James' story

         "You're happy with him?" Alpha James asked me as he sat next to me on the couch near the window as Archer is outside playing the little kids. My heart soars as I watch Archer laugh along with the children who try to wrestle him to the floor. My mind immediately thought that he'd make a terrific father, my future children will love him just as I do.

   "I am, very much," I sigh with happiness, a smile growing on my face as each child gave Archer a massive hug. I heard James give a hum of approval, I look over to him and noticed how his face was slightly sunken in, his arms and legs slightly skinnier and eyes washed with sadness. My smile turns into a frown and I watched him with a slight worry inside of me.

   "Are you okay James?" I asked him worriedly, spotting the signs of sick or tiredness. James' eyes snapped towards mine and gave a small reassuring smile, but, it didn't reassure me one bit as I stared into his eyes, trying to find signs of any sickness.

   "My wolf is sick, dying suppose. We had one mate to protect, we lost her. Now, my wolf needs his second chance mate, all wolves serve a purpose, they come to serve and love their mates. We have lost ours and our purpose is slowly fading away," he tells me softly. His confession making my heart ache terribly. James gave a sad smile as he sat down on the seat in front of me, a sad sigh escaping his lips as he rubs his eyes tiredly. He looks much paler as he looks away from me, almost ashamed about his condition.

    "Oh Goddess James, I'm so sorry," I choke out, feeling a rush of emotions flow through me at the sight of someone who was a friend looking all sad as if there is not much left for him on earth. I felt like crying as he shrugs tiredly, he doesn't seem to mind at all.

   "It's okay, hopefully, I'll find my mate soon, she's got to be near, I can feel it," he says with a little bit of hope and I smile at his courage and will to keep fighting.

   "How long do you have if you can't find her?" I ask, trying to pick out the correct words.

   "Five months says the oracle, I'll be leaving my pack soon to find her, if not, then, well," he says, going quieter as he finishes the sentence. Goddess, he doesn't deserve this, no one does.

   "I'm sure you'll find her. If it helps, you can come to our pack when we leave. Maybe you'll find her there," I say reassuringly and full of hope. James' eyes connect with mine, something glimmering behind them as he gives me a full-blown smile.

  No wolf or person should ever live without a mate or die because of losing them. James was my friend, he was the one that took care of me when I was running away. He protected me and got Archer the treatment he needed. Now, it was my turn to help him. He was too much of an amazing person not to.

   "You're going to find her, you have to," I spoke with confidence. I wasn't going to let my friend die, even if it meant sacrificing all my time to do so.   

    1 MONTH LATER

    I slowly trudged up the stairs with Archer behind me, making sure I don't fall back as I waddled slowly. The triplets were growing quickly, healthy and terribly big. I looked like a whale being around five months in and only three months before I popped them out. It worried Archer and I when they didn't kick at the start of the fifth month, all werewolf pups started kicking at the end of the fourth month, but our little babies weren't even budging. However, our doctor said it was normal for those who have more than one pup to not kick yet, they didn't have enough room to kick, but they were perfectly healthy and thankfully, they were going along quite well.