Chapter 59: Irene Rose

The vacation that Archer and I were supposed to take had been postponed to next week due to my family being here instead of back in my old pack. It's been three days since the incident and I couldn't shake off the guilty feeling that latched onto me since that afternoon. I felt heavy everywhere as if something was heavy against my body and I couldn't rid of the memories of my mother's disappointed face. I felt utterly depressed when I should be happy, Archer had been trying to put a smile on my face, but his attempts were in vain as I only managed to give him a fake smile, and that hurt me even more.

    The day after the incident he surprised me with a bunch of white roses, his attempt to cheer me up only brought a small smile to my face and a kiss. It sat in my room, every time I looked at it, I felt even more terrible for not reacting happier or bubbler. But, it made me realise he was trying, so at least I should be trying too. It did make me feel alright when he'd come to my room in the middle of the night and wrapped his large arms around mine and sleep peacefully. 

    Now, I was facing the people that I should've faced earlier. I was standing right outside the house they were staying at with a stomach worth of nervousness. I didn't tell Archer where I was going, I had to do this by myself. I heard my siblings laugh softly inside the house, a small smile painting on my lips until I heard my mother and father's voice talking to them. I sighed deeply before walking to the door, my hand knocking softly on the door two times before waiting nervously. I fiddled with my fingers as I heard the talking cease and a slight murmur behind the door. I exhaled, trying to calm my jittery nerves.

   The door made a clicking sound and my breath hitched as it slowly opened to reveal the face of my mother who gave a look of surprise as she saw me. I managed a small smile. 

   "Hi mum," I greeted pathetically, giving her an awkward wave as the door opened fully to reveal my whole family.

    "Irene!" My sisters screamed in delight and engulfed me in a large hug, soothing my slight worries.

   "Hiya squirts," I teased, rubbing their backs softly before they let go of me.

   "What are you doing here?" Elena said curiously as her mate appeared out of nowhere, wrapping his arms around her and she giggled softly

   "I'm here to talk to mum," I told her honestly, watching as my mum nodded slowly.

   "Oh, at least have lunch with us then," Elena offered and all my siblings cheered in agreement.

   "Of course," I smiled as I bent down to grab Johnny who laughed in delight.

   I went inside the house, my parents not saying anything and retreated back to a room as I took in their living space. It was quite nice with the colour scheme being grey and white. It gave off a cottage vibe as I saw the open plan kitchen and living room. It was a one-story house, but it looked quite large from the outside. The kitchen had high ceilings and a grey feature wall, black marble countertops and white cupboards as well as a small white island in the middle.

 The kitchen had high ceilings and a grey feature wall, black marble countertops and white cupboards as well as a small white island in the middle