Chapter 75: Irene Rose

A.N EVERYTHING IS OKAY, THE BUG IS GONE AND WE HAVE REACHED 410K

GOAL: 420K! COME ON LET'S REACH THIS GOAL FOR ANOTHER CHAPTER..

      "Jacob, I-I don't know what's happening," I sobbed into the phone, I clutched it harshly in my hand as I sat outside on the porch, crying my heart out as I felt my heart break little more. Archer was sleeping peacefully in our bed, he asked me to sleep next to him, even going as far as putting a pillow wall between us. For some reason, it made me feel even more depressed knowing I couldn't even stand being next to him.

    "It's that stupid witch curse, she probably wanted this to happen. She wanted him to loose all memory of mates and you. The bond itself could be slightly hindered because of this, he might not feel much of the bond, but he can feel your emotions. You still have his mark meaning he must feel something. My guess is that she doesn't want the bond to make it easier to fall in love with you or him. I know you love him, all you need to do is make him love you again." he whispered in my ear, his suggestion making my heart hurt even more at the thought of Archer forgetting our love.

   "H-how? He doesn't remember anything, I-I can't just tell him everything, he might think I'm insane," I choked out, bringing my legs close to my chest as I felt the tears run down my cheeks.

   "Don't even mention anything unless he asks, for now, just say he had hit his head on something. You met him when you first arrived because wanted a holiday, I got him a room with you because it was much easier if he stayed with you," he informed me slowly, stress growing in his voice. I took in his words, not liking the fact that I had to lie to Archer about why he was staying with me.

   "That doesn't sound believable, he has enough money to buy his own place," I sighed and wiped my tear stain cheeks with the back of my hand.

    "What if you said you met at the airport? You ran away from home and decided to go to Bali, but someone stole your wallet and he offered you a place to stay, which was with him. It would be something he would do," he said and this time this piqued my interest. This sounded more believable than the other suggestion, plus, it would make sense why he doesn't remember me.

   "That sounds much more believable," I mumbled as I watched the sun peak out from the darkness, the orangey hues made something swirl in the pit of my stomach. As if this sun rise was giving me hope that all will turn out well. I heard Jacb hum, I could see him nodding to himself before he spoke again.

   "Good, now I have to get back to some duties. Don't worry Irene, this is the Moon Goddesses will. You will be fine, he will be fine. Remember the bond is still there, use that to your advantage," he informed me and that made me smile a little bit.

   "Alright, thank you," I breathed out, a little bit of relief washing over me as I thought of ways to deal with Archer.

  "Have faith, goodbye," he said with a little bit of enthusiasm and then a long beep followed, indicating that he had hung up. I took a deep, shaky breath as I tried to pick up the broken pieces of myself and looked behind to me to see the love of my life sleeping peacefully on one side of the bed. I felt my eyes tear up and I looked away with my heart feeling heavy. This depressed state made me feel terrible and body ache. I didn't like it one bit, I bet if Crescent was here she would tell me off. If only she was here. Goddess, I forgot about her, I guess I got so used to her gone and with everything that had happened, I forgot about her.

I'm such a terrible person, Goddess.

  The thought of Crescent missing had left a heavier hole in my heart as I started to tear up again, a lone tear slipped past my eye and rolled down my cheek. When did everything get so messed up? Why did this happen to me? Why did this happen to us?

               "Have you not slept at all?" Archer asked me, his face filled with worry as he sat next to me with two mugs of coffee in his hands. My heart ached desperately as I saw his eyes fill with such emotion. I looked away from him, something was twisting my heart so painfully that I felt the need to look away.

    "No, not at all," I said truthfully, my voice wavering with uncertainty and sadness. I could feel his concern wave over me, the mate bond showing me how he felt, his mere presence told me everything that he was feeling.

   "That is not healthy, come, let us go to bed. You need sleep, come," he said, voice filled with authority that it made me want to go over to him, and I listened. My body listening to his command as he stood up and directed me to the bed. He fluffed the pillows for me and seeing him take care of me made me want to cry again as my heart longed for him to hold us. I went over to the bed and laid down, my body feeling in heaven as it found the soft mattress and pillow. I sighed in content. Archer looked pleasingly at me before pulling the covers over me, his care making my throat constrict and then he plopped his body next to mine. The close proximity making my skin tingle deliciously as his heat neared my body. I wanted to badly to go closer.

   "Thank you," I croaked out as he turned over to his side to face me.

   "It is not a problem, I feel as if you are very much important to me. I will take care of you, I am sorry for forgetting you," he whispered out, his eyes filling with raw emotion. Then, I watched closely as his breath hitched and his eyes glazed over, his mouth ajar as he looked as if he was remembering something. He almost looked like he was in shock as he remained still for a couple of seconds, but those couple of seconds felt like a lifetime as something stirred worrisome in the pit of my belly before it disappeared as the color in his eyes came back. He looked shocked as the glaze disappeared and then a look of uncertainty and shock came onto his face. His eyes bore into mine, as if searching for something within them, his stare making my body heat up and my cheeks go up in flames. My heart hammered in my chest as he tilted his head to the side.

   "I-I-how did I loose my memory?" he questioned slowly, his eyes still on mine as they were washed with curiousness and a hint of gentleness. At this point in time, I wanted nothing more than to tell him the truth, but, he didn't know the curse which was brought onto him. I could not put a load of memories onto him, it would be painful for me and for him.

   "I was running away from my home, my pack abused me and I found refuge here. Someone stole me wallet and you helped me by letting me stay with you, and then afterwards you hit your head really hard after you tripped. I guess that's how" I whispered. LIES! LIES! LIES!

   "Oh," was all that sprouted from his mouth, he looked uncertain with my answer, as if he knew I was lying. Goddess, I hoped he knew, I hoped he knew everything.

   "Was I still blind?" he asked me, and I felt myself still. How do you respond to that? What lie must I come up with now so that I don't have to hurt his and I's feelings. He looked at me, his eyes sparking with curiosity, but as he noticed my tensed state they turned into caution.

    "Uhm, I-" I started, but then closed my mouth as nothing came into my brain. Should I tell him the truth or not?

   "What is it? How did I get my sight back?" he asked again, this time with more authority, a hint of annoyance written in his tone. I took a metaphorical gulp and tried to rack my brain for an answer. I don't know what to tell him. Goddess, this is hard. He'll find out eventually right? Might as well do it now.

   "Uhm, when I found you, you had your sight, so, I am not sure because you didn't tell me before you hit your head," I lied, Goddess, I hope he can't tell I'm lying. I watched unsurely as his eyes zoomed on me, a hint of uncertainty lacing through as I mustered up another fake smile. But, as he looked at me, I knew he could tell something was off. I wasn't the best liars when it came to my own mate. I mean without my wolf, you could probably see right through me.

      "I guess you'll tell me in your own time," he said coldly, a mask hiding his true expression as his eyes showed no emotion. My stomach fell on the bed as he turned around to the face the other side. A cold aura washing over him as I felt my heart sink, he obviously knew I wasn't telling the truth. Watching him close me off made my heart hurt. I felt terrible lying to him, but he will find out in his own time. He has too. I can't put all these things onto him, it wasn't fair, but then again, was it fair that I have to hurt him in the process?

   "You need sleep, I suggest you sleep and get your lies together," he mumbled and I felt tears pool around my eyes, his coldness unfamiliar to me as he ignored my protests for the next few minutes. With another heavy heart, I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep