Chapter 36: Irene Rose

I swear I felt myself die right then and there. To say I was terrified was an understatement, I was frightened, scared or even in a state of shock. Archer's eyes were almost black orbs, his fangs out to play as my insides turned into jello. This was his angry state, he had lost all control by now and I instantly regretted ever tempting him the first place, like I said, I couldn't control my body.

   Fear had coursed my veins, mixing with the lust as our hormones flew into the air, our arousals mixing together to create a delicious scent. I gave an involuntary loud moan which caused him to growl and plant his fangs back onto my mark which had thankfully stopped swelling but was still red. Pleasure coursed through my veins as his teeth had sunk in my mark and I screamed out as another heat wave had erupted in the middle of my body. Tears had sprung in my eyes as I could feel the blood trickling down my shoulder, the pain mixing with pleasure had awoken something within me and I was sure that I would explode.

  He hummed in approval as his licked the blood as if he had just recreated a new mark and the old one was gone. I was too hot to even comprehend whatever was coming next, but the thing was, nothing came. I was left as a hot mess with my aching core, but before I could ask what was Archer was doing he was gone, leaving an open door to my bedroom and the sound of footsteps running down the hallway.

  I cried out his name, my mind in a mess as I felt another heat course through me. It was too hot, I needed a bath or something to relieve my pain. He had left me in such a vulnerable state, and the question that remained in my mind was 'is this my punishment?', but no matter what, I couldn't think of answer as the pain was unbearable without my mate and my state had seemed to alert Luna Lilly and some of the doctors. 

  Luna Lilly had a shocked expression on her face as she saw me withering, she had mumbled an inaudible sentence before rushing out and left the female doctors to tend to me. I had cried out again as another wave had hit me and I watched one of them head into my bathroom and the crashing of waters on tiles had filled my ears. The doctors had all seemingly carried me to the bathroom and somehow removed all my clothes to place me in my bathtub. 

  My mind was hazy from the pain as I felt their hands wash over me and adding more ice into the bathtub, yet the heat and the craving for my mate were still there. My body felt hot with the ice cold water and I could hear the maids calling my name, but my head felt dizzy and my eyes shut to a close.

    I woke drenched in my own sweat. The morning had finally come and I felt better, sore all over, but better. My mind felt hazy and my body felt tired and sluggish. My clothes had stuck to me and my memories were slowly coming back to me, my cheeks burned red as I remembered teasing Archer and him leaving me, which brought tears to my eyes. I wiped them away, thinking how pathetic I was to cry for someone who seemingly did not care for me. 

  I sighed and got up from my bed and into my wardrobe. My legs felt too sore to function as well, but either way, I managed to get grey sweats and a plain white shirt as well as my undies and a simple skin coloured bra. The sweat had clung to me like a second skin and I desperately needed a shower. A nice cold shower might take my mind off how Archer had ditched me in my time of need and get rid of the stink that lingered on me.

  As I hopped into the shower, I could feel myself getting lost in the cold sensation of the water and it felt too good to not just sit there as I allowed my body to relax in such a cool way. No pun intended. My stomach could finally breathe from all the pain and by this time, I realised I had lost a chance to create a baby and my heart sunk. A she-wolf's heat means she was capable of having a child, but without her heat, all she was to a man was a sex toy. 

I could've had a baby

  The thought of a baby itself had made me feel unwanted as Archer had left me when I could've conceived a pup, of course, I never really want a child at this age, but it had hurt to think that I probably was unworthy to have a child and it made me want to cry. So that's what I did. I would've had minded if I had a child, but in the end, now I would have to wait for another unknown time when I would be able to have a pup and that could be for another year or three. To think that I was unworthy to even have Archer's pup made me feel worse and I let my back hit the cool tiles and dragged myself down to the bottom of the shower. I held my knees closer as the water rained down on me, mixing with my tears and sweat as I broke down in a cold shower.

   Was I not good enough for him? I thought he wanted a pup? All males wanted one at their mates first heat and now that I've been rejected, it hurt too much and I didn't want to see Archer, not now and probably not even the near future. I felt embarrassed, disgusted, angry and hurt.  I thought things were finally looking up for the both of us, but sitting on the tiled floor made me realise that we were taking two steps back and maybe more. 

  Screw you, Archer.

   I had finally had the guts to leave my room after an hour of contemplating whether it was safe to go outside. I had to have my questions answered, I mean who changed my sheets when my heat ended? Were there any more reasons why Archer had ditched me? How was Luna Lilly feeling? Was she okay? What about the other females, were they okay? Sometimes the simplest questions need to be answered and right now, I needed these answers, but I didn't know where anyone was.

  The hallway was deserted and without my wolf, I couldn't tell who had roamed these walls, I guess I lost two things because of Archer and that made me angrier than I expected I would. I tried to roam familiar hallways, but everything looked the same. It was impossible to find anything that looked familiar, my mind still felt hazy and I really needed some air and my questions answered. As I wandered around hallways and entered rooms, I couldn't help to find a room I thought I'd never find.

  Archer's bedroom.

A.N I'm so sorry for a short chapter

N I'm so sorry for a short chapter