Chapter 3: Truth Revealed

POV: Savanah
May 22
1:09 P.M

  We pulled up to see set security guards waiting to direct us inside, along with the usual paparazzi entourage camping out at meticulous locations. We were late, but only by a few minutes, nothing major... we hoped. I parked in the area designated by the guards and we proceeded to get out of the car and follow security to the trailer area.

"We're late..." Reece mumbled to me in a hushed voice.

"No, duh captain obvious!"

He rolled his eyes he began to say something back to me— rude I presume, but instead, his jaw locked in place. Confused, I took my focus off of him to see who it was and I stopped dead in my tracks.

  "Hi, I'm Jennifer Morrison I play Emma Swan, the savior, I'll be walking around with you today. It's so nice to meet you both!"

  At that moment I snapped out of whatever trance I was in, but Reece didn't. He was still staring at her, with a look on his face I'd never seen before... Since I figured Reece wasn't gonna do it first, I reached out to shake her hand and introduced myself.

"Hi, nice to finally meet you too! I'm Savannah, big fan of the show, and the whole cast. You're all such great actors and actresses!"

  As Jennifer thanked us for coming, I glanced over to see Reece was still dumbfounded and taking in the view, so decided I had to do something to make sure she didn't notice how stunned he was by her presence.

"And uh— this is Reece!" I pointed at him and kinda gave him a little nudge on the arm, "my best friend, and the one who introduced me to the show."

  Once I directed all the attention to him, he kind of snapped out of it — kind of. He smiled and tried to turn up the charm factor and turn down the weirdo-stalker stare, but his eyes were still locked on hers, like she was the only one who he could see.

"Nice to meet you Mr.King." Jen said with a slight smile on her face as she reached out a hand to greet him.

"Wha- yeah, same here! You can call me Reece... or any time"

He grabbed her hand and kissed it.

  'You can call me any time' really Reece? That was the oldest trick in the book, as I watched his face turn that bright red color for the second time today, I was slightly embarrassed for him, and I could tell he regretted saying it afterwards.  At this point I didn't know whether to laugh or to call him out. As far as I knew, Reece was still a taken man with only a few months left until his wedding day, but apparently it still worked because Jennifer got a bit of a kick out of it, or  maybe she was just getting paid to be nice...

  "I take it that you two aren't dating?" asked Jennifer in a confused tone of voice.

I almost puked. Right there on the spot... I'm pretty sure Reece had to contain his gag reflexes too, judging by his quick hand placement over his stomach.

"No! What? Why would—"

"Nooooo heh, um... Reece here is actually engaged ! Aren't you Reece?"

I had to stop him before he embarrassed himself again, but with the dirty look he shot me, I sensed that wasn't the conversation starter I should've used. I wanted clarification and if he wasn't gonna give it to me, I would just have to pull it out of him.

"No.... not at the moment Savannah..."

"That's funny Reece, because you were about 5 days ago"

At this point you could see complete confusion across Jennifer's face... she probably thought we were crazy.

"Now really isn't the time for that conversation SAVANNAH..."

"It seems like a better time than any if you ask me!"

"You know what? FINE, WE CAN DO THIS NOW... Perri cheated on me."

"What? I'm sorry, run that by me again?"

"ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? I caught her with her ex boyfriend... you know... the one she 'left' to be with me."

"Reece I didn't—"

"Does THAT answer not SATISFY YOU?"

I opened my mouth to say something else, but nothing came out...

"You DIDN'T WHAT Savannah?
You didn't know I didn't want to talk about it? Because I'm pretty sure you confronted me about avoiding your questions multiple times. You DIDN'T KNOW I was HURTING? Because I'm pretty sure you could tell! YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT SHE WAS FUCKING HER EX BOYFRIEND BEHIND MY BACK?! ...WELL NEITHER DID I"

There was a long pause that felt like it went on for a century.... I'm pretty sure everyone on the set heard our whole fiasco... everyone in CANADA probably heard it. We were staring each other dead in the eyes and I felt absolutely paralyzed. Almost as if either of us moved, then this whole thing would become reality.

Reece wasn't trying to hide anything anymore, he broke eye contact and wiped away a tear that was streaming down the side of his cheek.

"Look, Jennifer, I'm sorry you had to see that... I have been in a toxic relationship for the past 3 years. Savannah, I didn't tell you because you were in the exact same situation and I just wanted to be there for you because I knew what you were dealing with. I love you... you're like a sister to me... I never wanted to keep anything from you, and I never wanted to ruin your birthday. Today was supposed to be one of the most memorable days of our lives... mission accomplished I guess, but this wasn't what I had in mind.

Reece turned around and walked away into the distance, I attempted to follow him, but Jen stopped me in my tracks and said, "let me go talk to him, he'd probably rather take advice from me right now than you."

At first I was a little offended, but I knew she was right. I was the last person Reece wanted to see right now, and I couldn't lose my best friend to a silly argument like this.