Chapter 35: Falling in Reverse

POV: Savannah

Colin's eyes burned deeply into my soul.

"What? I don't— I mean— how long?"

"I've only known for a little while now, but when I realized..." I trailed off as he rubbed his eyes out of frustration.

I couldn't begin to think of how he felt about this. One second we're kissing at midnight, and the next I'm pregnant. Colin's gaze was still fixed intensely on me and I could tell he had so many questions to ask, but couldn't find the words to form them.

"Is it..."

He didn't finish his sentence, but I knew exactly what he was gonna ask.

"It's yours Colin"

He buried his face In his hands and thought for a while.

His voice was muffled when he spoke, "are you sure?"

"Positive Colin..."

"How do you know—"

"It's not Ryan's... there's no way for it to be Ryan's... trust me"

"How not? You slept with him about a day or two after you slept with me..."

He looked up and with an intense expression on his face. I couldn't tell how he was feeling, and it was starting to worry me.

"I mean I don't want to go into detail about having sex with your brother —"

"Then how am I supposed to believe anything you say?"

I decided I might as well just tell him.

"He never... you know... I mean he did, but just not insi—"

"I get it," Colin said, looking over at me, beginning to blush, "and I did..."

I smiled back, and in an effort to decrease the awkwardness I said, "I mean it didn't last all that long if you want my honest opinion..."

"Nothing lasts long with Ryan..."

Colin and I smirked as we prepared to exit the cab of the ride. We were walking back to the car when we saw red flashing lights zooming up to the gate, and security urgently guiding the medics through the sea of frantic people.

"What the hell is going on?"

I exchanged looks with Colin, and we followed close behind the paramedics. When we reached the center of the circle where everyone was crowded around, we watched as they lifted a body onto the gurney. That's when I saw Jen, and I couldn't help but run to her.

"Jen!" I said waving my arms, "hey, what's wrong?"

The closer I got, the more I wished I hadn't. Colin caught up to me as I slowed down, creeping up to the scene. Jen began walking towards us, and Ryan followed behind her. The closer they got, the more things started to click.

Wheels in my mind began to turn. Colin kept walking to meet them, and I came to an abrupt stop. Blood was pooled on the asphalt below me. I looked up to see Jen and Ryan's clothes were stained with the same red substance.