Chapter 49: The Rebound

POV: Savannah

"Do you think Colin is ok?" I asked Ryan concernedly, withdrawing the cupcakes from the oven.

"I'm sure he's fine. Don't worry he's probably just..."

Ryan's voice trailed off and he tried to change the subject fast.

"So! Did we do a good job making them?"

"Yeah, I'd say so," I replied, looking at the homemade cupcakes and giving Ryan a high five.

"Awesome..."

"Yep— hey Ryan, by the way, did you see me getting the cupcakes from the oven?"

"Yeahhhh...." he said suspiciously, flashing me a look of confusion.

"Good— that's what pulling out looks like... remember that next time when you have sex with someone and 'can't really remember' if you did or not"

"Ha-ha you're so funny!" He grinned, giving me a little nudge.

"Don't push me," I joked, opening a can of frosting while we waited for the cupcakes to cool.

I picked up the icing spatula and dipped it inside of the container.

"What are you doing? The cupcakes are to hot right now... aren't they?"

"Yeah... but I'm hungry," I replied, licking the frosting from the spatula.

A look of disgust spread across his face.

"That's seriously gross..."

"What?! I'm gonna wash it—"

"Still, I don't like watching you do that"

"I didn't ask you to watch..."

He shrugged and snatched the spatula from my hand.

"Fine, I guess I'll have to use my finger then..."

"No, no, no!" He said, forcing the utensil back in my hand.

He got frosting on himself in the process, and tried to wipe it off on me.

"No, just wash it off. Don't you dare touch me," I said, threatening him with the spatula.

He laughed and lunged at me, grabbing hold of my arm and wiping the frosting on my face with his other hand.

"RYAN," I shouted, as he let go of my arm.

I got a napkin from the counter to wipe my face.

"What?" He smirked

"Don't 'what' me..." I said, getting a big scoop of frosting from the container with the spatula, "Now it's your turn!"

"That's not fair, I didn't dare put that much on you," he claimed, backing away slowly as I drew in closer to him.

I started to chase him, but he was too quick. I tried to think of how I could get to him, but I couldn't come up with anything... all of a sudden I remembered that I could use arm motion to my advantage.