Chapter 8: The Media Lies

POV: Savannah

————— May 23 —————

I woke up the next day with a jolt.

"SAVANNAH GUESS WHAT?"

Reece was shaking me vigorously, "WHAT DO YOU WANT!" I asked, slapping his hand away, "Rule number one, if we are gonna be roommates until further notice, you cannot wake me up whenever you feel like it."

"What if I'm lonely?" He pouted.

Throwing a pillow at him, I laughed, "shut up!"

Grinning, he put the computer in my lap and said, "LOOK AT THIS THOUGH!" As I began to read an email, I noticed it was from Adam and Eddie and chills raced through my body. They were thanking us for coming, but they mentioned hearing about the disagreement we had, causing us to not really get the full 'tour' experience. The email continued to say 'The next time the whole cast is on set will be Wednesday of next week, it's a night shoot, but it's the closest thing we have, If you would like to come back we would be more than obliged to have you.'

"Reece—"

'I know right!?!" This was the happiest I'd seen him in a long time, "Its less than a week away, we can totally wait 5 days!"

"You sure?"

"I'm positive... Don't you wanna go back?"

"Yeah, but —"

"Colin will be there..." he said, cutting me off with the sly remark.

"Reece.... that's exactly why I wouldn't want to go back! It's bad enough the entire cast thinks we have some kind of relationship, the last thing either of us needs is the media to start thinking the same."

"Who cares what the media thinks?"

"Colin might! I mean the guy went through a divorce with a woman he was in love with. He probably doesn't want people forcing a relationship upon him..."

Sitting down on the couch next to me, he replied, "I guess you're right, but I was only joking... I'll make sure no one talks about it anymore." As he turned on the tv and began flipping through the channels, we came across the Celebrity News Channel and froze... On the screen they were showing candid photos of Jen arm in arm with Reece, and Colin, so close to me, wiping away my tears. The caption read, 'New lovers? Are Savannah and Reece both over their engagements so soon?'

"UNBELIEVABLE! So much for NOT talking about it" I said furiously, "Do these people have nothing better to do with their lives?!"

Reece sat there and laughed, "Look, Savannah, don't let it get to you! That's what they want, responses!"

He was right... I decided to try to let it go, as we continued to watch the absurd footage from yesterday's events. Apparently, they stopped the cast members as they were leaving to try and interview them on the spot. Sean and Lana were the first people interviewed, they answered all the questions with smiles on their faces, and I assumed the cameras were satisfied with their responses because the video cut off, and there were no comments in return. Then they went on to Jen and Colin, where they hoped to find the juicy story they were obviously thirsting for.