Chapter 81: Everyone Seeks Approval

POV: Savannah

Everything finally made sense in the world. Tony was showing all the signs, but he just didn't seem like the type... He talked about girls like any other jock would, he hung out with the football players on the weekends, true he was never in any relationships, but he sure flirted like hell with every cheerleader that came within a five mile radius of him.

Colin stood in silence, not knowing what to say next, or how to even begin apologizing.

"Tony I'm sorry I–"

"It's ok," Tony laughed, "I understand, you don't want anything to happen to her... Ryan wasn't always the best guy he could be, and I know you're just looking out for Savannah..."

Tony was such a good sport about the whole thing

"You just don't seem—"

"Good. If I did, my dad would kill me. He's an avid homophobic..."

"Tony," I began, "You didn't even tell Ryan?"

"No way," he smiled, "That's a full proof way of getting things spread around the school. Ryan may have been my friend, but he couldn't keep his mouth shut to save his own life. You should know, have you not heard the rumors about what you two have done together? Those things don't just form out of thin air..."

I blushed and avoided making eye contact with both Colin and Tony. No wonder people would say certain familiar things when I was in class with Ryan.

"I mean I even know what you call out when—"

"I GET IT "

Colin smiled at Tony as he began speaking once more.

"Anyway, my father is probably gonna dictate what I do for the majority of my life... Maybe some day when I'm old and can barely walk he'll accept me, but for now, I'll stick to seeming like I'm just hard to get... Don't beat yourself up about it Colin, it's not your fault Ryan's gaydar is more fine tuned!"

"Shocker," Colin laughed, "I should get going... I need to go pick up Callie—"

Colin was cut off by the awe sounds coming from Tony and I. He smiled and grabbed his keys from the table next to the door.

"The event ends at nine, so I should be back around ten-ish —"

"Take your time Colin! I won't wait up!"

He let out a slight laugh and turned around to walk out the door.

"Unbelievable..."

"What?"

"Number one, the fact that you let him go out of the house with those shoes on. Number two, Ryan was right, you guys are hopeless."

"What are you talking about?"

"The way he's willing to protect you. The way he judges any guy that comes in contact with you... The way he looks at you in general... He's obviously still into you!"

"We're just friends Tony... He has Callie now, and she seems amazing—"

"The only reason he went with Callie tonight, and probably the only reason he even contacted her was because of you!"