Chapter 98: Reliving Past Mistakes, Building A Brighter Future

POV: Savannah

Colin and I parked the car beside Tony's and headed up to the Guinness Storehouse. We walked inside and I turned my head to the right, making direct eye contact with Ryan.

"Hey everyone!" Colin waved happily, going over to hug his mom and dad.

He patted Ryan on the back and studied Courtney's every move. No matter what I did, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Ryan, and he was having the same problem. Eventually, Tony realized what was happening, and decided to step in.

"So! I'm Tony, Ryan's former student, and current best bud!"

"Is that a weed reference?" I joked, making light of both of their sobriety, "Just kidding, I'm so proud of you both for getting clean."

"Thank you," Tony blushed.

Ryan and I couldn't act like this the whole time, the tension between us was just too strong, so I decided I had to do something to level it out.

"Ryan! It feels like it's been so long!" I exclaimed, forcing a smile and walking over to him with open arms, "It's so weird seeing you without the girls!"

He smiled and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, as if the world was ending and it was our last moment together...

"I know right! They really miss you though... You should come visit sometime... or call..."

I pulled away, and looked into his eyes.

"You know I can't do that..."

He smiled at the ground and walked back a few steps. I glanced over to Courtney and I could tell she felt like something was up. Colin put his arm around me and I jumped a little bit, startled from the interruption of my thoughts.

"Mom, dad, I know we didn't really leave off on the best of terms last time all of us were together, but I can assure you now that everything is how it should be!"

"Really?" Mrs. O'Donoghue asked, "and how's that?"

Colin looked over at me and back to them.

"Well, Ryan has Courtney, and I have this breathtaking lass!"

"Are you sure this time?" Con joked.

"Definitely!" Colin laughed, looking over at me once more, "Right love?"

I stared back at him with confusion on my face. His arm was still wrapped cozily around me.

"Uh– I mean– Sure..."

Colin tilted his head and a nervous smile spread across his face. He removed his arm and looked into my eyes.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked concernedly.

Less than ten minutes in and this was already off to a rocky start...

"I just meant that I didn't know we made it official—"

"I'd like to make it official... If you're okay with that?"