Chapter 20: Dinner

POV: Savannah

"Savannah!" Riley shouted, nearly scaring the crap out of both of us. Colin's hand jerked back and almost knocked an entire pan off of the counter.

"Reece said we were about to eat in a second and to start getting your plates ready," she said, knowing she'd interrupted an intimate moment between Colin and I as she walked back out into the hall with a smirk on her face.

"Here," Colin said, handing me a plate from the counter top, "where does everyone plan to sit?"

"That's a good question... I assume my mom will want to sit next to Jon, Reece's dad, and I guess Reece will sit next to Riley or his dad—"

"Who are you sitting next to?"

"I don't know yet actually, depends on where everyone else sits"

"Oh, but you probably want to sit next to your mom right?"

"Yeah I guess so..."

"So will it be ok if I sit on the other side of you?"

"I don't see why not," I smiled at his terrible attempt to flirt with me.

"Wonderful," he replied, cutting ham to put on both of our plates, "as long as your sure you don't want to sit next to—"

"I want to sit next to you..."

Colin smiled back at me, we finished plating the rest of our food, and began making our way to pick out seats at the table.

After everyone got seated, and more comfortable with each other, Reece suggested we go around the table and say something that makes us happy this Christmas season

"Why don't we let our parents go first," he suggested. After they were done, he volunteered to go next.

"I'm so glad I met the love of my life, Jen, who makes me happy every day," he smiled, raising his glass.

"I'm also thankful to have met Reece. Every day I get to fall even more in I love with my best friend, and that's the best feeling in the world."

I decided to speak up next, "well... there's a lot of things I could bring up, but I guess the best thing that recently happened to make me happy was meeting the cast of OUAT, so here's to making friends! Thank you for everything," I said, looking over to Colin, "your turn..."

"No matter what I've said before," Colin began, directing his speech towards me, "I've never been more happy to meet fans of the show before. I'm glad you both came to the set. Especially you Savannah, I don't know what drugs that Louis guy was on when you broke up, but I'm glad you did..."

I smiled at Colin and realized everyone else was staring back at us. I don't think anyone was expected that to come out of Colin's mouth... especially not his parents. Finally, Ryan broke the silence, "I'll go next..." I kinda zoned out while he was talking. He was Colin's half-brother, but I couldn't even tell. He had the looks, but he definitely didn't have the Irish accent.

"I have a question for Savannah," Ryan announced, snapping me back into reality, "are you single?"

He smiled and began to blush. Everyone was oohing and awing at his remark.

"Yeah," I replied, feeling my face turning scarlet again for the millionth time today, "I've been on the market for a while now actually."

"Well I don't see how, you're beautiful."

Interrupting the conversation, since that seemed to be all she was good for, Riley said, "I'm grateful for also being single! I have a question for Colin—"

"Riley you can't date him so shut up," Reece demanded.

"Different question Reese Cup. my new question is, Colin, how long have you had feelings for Savannah?"

"I don't..." he proclaimed.

"Really? So if I hadn't walked in on you about to kiss her, you're telling me you wouldn't have shoved your tongue down her throat?"

"RILEY! That's enough," Jon demanded.

Everyone had gone into a frenzy of gossip among themselves and it was useless to try and kill the accusations. It took a while, but eventually, everyone settled themselves down, and I was pretty sure Colin's parents absolutely hated me after that dinner. I would hate me too, to be honest. One son asking me if I was single, and the other strapped in an emotional roller coaster with me as the driver. I couldn't blame them for thinking anything about me because it was probably true.

Once we got up from the table, and all of the dishes were put away, someone decided it would be a good idea to sing karaoke... let's just say it wasn't. I tried to get Colin to get up and sing, but he said it his family was already embarrassing him enough. Later into the night, we played charades, and my team won 22-20 against Reece's.

We began saying our goodbyes around 12:00 that night. The first ones to leave were Jen's family. Once they were gone, my mom and Reece's family decided to go. Then came Colin's family, who planned on staying in a hotel for a while to spend time with him in Vancouver.

"Hey, you guys, I think I'm gonna leave with Jen tonight," Reece announced, following Jen towards the door, "If you need me Savannah, call me."

"Ok, I will, see you tomorrow Reece," I waved goodbye as they walked out the door, "and then there were two..." I said under my breath.

Colin had made his way back into the kitchen and was now bringing out two glasses of wine.

"Wine Colin?"

"It's no rum but—"

"No, I mean, it's like 12:00 at night... I don't really feel like trying to pull drunk Colin O'Donoghue out of my house."

"Come on," he smirked, "it's only one glass of wine, drink with me."

"Fine," I agreed, taking the glass from his hand, and walking over to sit on the couch.