Chapter 70: Ryan - The Big EmbarrASSment

POV: Savannah

Ryan and I had just finished our fiasco when the intercom came on once more.

"MR. O'DONOGHUE PLEASE REPORT TO THE GYM AT THIS TIME FOR A SPECIAL SURPRISE!"

He looked over to me while fastening his collar, and nodded towards the door, "after you!"

I smiled and walked across the classroom.

"Be careful," he joked cunningly, making sure to follow close behind, "your legs seem a little shaky..."

I rolled my eyes and continued walking. We took our time strolling across campus, taking in all of the little details, and enjoying every second together.

"I can't believe everyone is throwing these extravagant surprise parties just for me," Ryan insisted with awe in his voice, grabbing hold of my hand and gazing over into my eyes.

My first reflex was to pull away as quickly as possible.

"What are you doing?" I asked abruptly, sticking my hand in the pocket of my pants.

"I was holding your hand..."

Ryan spoke slow and meticulously.

"I know, but... you can't do that here..."

He stopped in his tracks and scowled at me.

"We just freaking ha—"

"I know," I insisted, "but that was different!"

"WHY?! Is it because no one was around?" He laughed, "No one will ever know right! Yay for you!"

"Ryan you know that's not what I meant..."

I hated how you couldn't say one small thing to him without getting on his bad side.

"Whatever lie you come up with right now to bullshit me doesn't matter. I know that I'm right. I'm always right. I know you, and I know you're embarrassed to be seen with me—"

"It's not that I'm embarrassed Ryan, it's just that..."

I trailed off trying to think of any reason why I'd not want him to hold my hand in public... I definitely wasn't embarrassed of him. Yeah, I could get expelled if they knew I was having relations with a teacher, especially in the classroom, but that didn't feel like the reason I was worried...

"It's just that what?" He asked impatiently, starting a swift walk towards the gym again.

I jogged up beside him and tried to explain myself.

"I dont know Ryan! I don't even care that you're my teacher! I don't even care that you've got children! I don't even care that you're Colin's brother—"

"BINGO WAS HIS NAME-O!" He jeered, cutting me off, "You just answered your own question!"

"What?"

"You don't care that I'm Colin's brother, yet you still care enough about him to always have him on your mind. You'll always love him Savannah, no matter what you claim—"

"IM NOT IN LOVE WITH HIM RYAN! I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU! I WANT A LIFE WIH YOU! WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT?!? HOW CAN I BE IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE WHO BASICALLY TOLD ME HE WAS DONE WITH ME THE LAST TIME WE EVER TALKED?! A GUY WHO GOT WITH HIS EX WIFE AND YOUR EX WIFE AT THE SAME TIME! HOW COULD I POSSIBLY LOVE HIM?!"