Chapter 41: The Teacher

POV: Savannah

Everyone was getting a kick out of our conversation because they had no idea how we  previously knew each other. All they knew was that he was a major upgrade from Mr. Wheathersby, and they wanted more.

"Mr. O'Donoghue," said a girl in the back of the class, "how old are you?"

"31— 32 in a few months..." whispers filled the air again, and Ryan decided to fuel their fires, "how old are you?"

"I'm 28"

"What's your name?"

"Hannah Shoeman"

"Nice to meet you Hannah," he winked, as he turned around to write on the board behind him.

The whispers turned into hushed murmurs and giggles.

"So tomorrow are you going to be teaching us in the same place Mr. Wheathersby left off?"

"Well Hannah," Ryan smirked, spinning back around and facing the class, "I'm sure I could teach you a lot of different things in a lot of different ways... we'll just have to see how this goes—"

That did it, everyone was officially stirred up. Whispers turned into shouts, and it began to get a little out of control.

"Can I call you Ryan?" She asked abruptly.

"You can call me anything you want—"

"Daddy?" She joked.

"Except that" he said, beginning to blush from embarrassment.

The volume of everyone's voices kept escalating, and Ryan had to try to settle them all down again.

"HEY, everyone chill out!" he demanded, banging a wooden gavel on his desk, "you guys like that? I brought it from my old school, always shuts people up."

Everyone chuckled and he continued, "but guys, in all seriousness, I didn't mean any of that. I'm not the type of guy that would sleep with a student—"

"Have you ever slept with a student?!"

"No..." he replied, making eye contact with me, "well.... actually I guess I have, but she wasn't my student at the time—"

"So if I come back in four years—"

"No," he smiled, looking down at the ground, "now if HANNAH comes back in four years..."

He trailed off and everyone bursted out laughing.

"I'm joking!" He said, "seriously, don't try to corner me one day or anything—"

"When did you have sex with that student?" asked David Prescott.

"Like— a couple months ago... I was visiting here from out of town and—"

"How many schools have you taught at here?"

"Just this one..."

"So she went to this school?"

He had found the loop hole.