Chapter 86: Leaving

POV: Savannah

Colin waltzed through the door around eight o'clock, waking me from my slumber. I hadn't expected to sleep so long, considering the fact I hadn't woken up until one this afternoon.

"Where've you been?" I asked concernedly, "Did filming go ok?"

"Yup, I was out with Sean," he replied in a depressed tone, making his way upstairs as I lifted my head from the couch.

He was acting suspiciously quiet, and I began to wonder what was up. I sat upright on the couch and tried to listen in on what he was doing. It was no use... I couldn't hear anything. I slunk off of the couch and trudged upstairs, still tired from my midday slumber.

When I rounded the corner, went down the hall, and entered his room, I saw a suitcase face up on the bed. He was zipping it open, folding up piles of clothes, and stuffing them inside. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing things correctly.

"Where ya going?" I asked innocently, leaning against the doorframe.

"I dont know yet..."

I looked at him with a puzzled expression on my face.

"Okay... Is it something for filming? Do you guys have to go to a new location?"

"Nope—"

"Then what are you—"

"I'm moving out," he sighed, zipping up the extra large case containing most of his items, "Do you happen to have another bag or something I can borrow?"

My jaw dropped, "Colin you can't go—"

"What? Now it's a problem if I leave? You've been trying to kick me out for the longest, and now if makes a difference?"

"The difference is you're actually leaving," I insisted, "I never actually wanted you to —"

"Be careful what you wish for," he smiled, walking past me to look in the hall closet, "Ah! This will be fine!"

He pulled out a pretty large sized luggage bag, and brought it back into his room to pack a few more items. I watched as he inspect each item, throwing clothes, shoes, and memorabilia inside one by one.

The last thing he packed was a photo of us that was framed on his nightstand. He looked down at it, smiled, and gently placed it on top of a stack of clothes, zipping the bag afterwards, and placing it with the suitcase.

The room was cleaned out in a matter of minutes and the whole time I just stood there... watching intently. I knew there was nothing I could do or say to get him to stay. He had already made up his mind.

"There, all done! You won't have to deal with me any longer..."

"Colin—"

"No, no," he insisted, "I'm a burden. This is better for both of us... I can move on with my life, and you can move on with yours."

"What happened to waking up in the same house with me being your happy ending?"

He sat on his bed dropped his head into his hands.

"Sometimes we don't get happy endings..."

I stared blankly at him. Not knowing what exactly to do about this situation. Colin sprawled out on his bed, and opened my mouth to speak, by was cut off by his command.

"Turn off the light before you leave will you? I would, but I just got comfortable, and I don't feel like moving."

I stood, propped against the doorway, not moving, and barely breathing.

"Savannah?" He asked, sitting up in bed, "Are you planning on standing there the whole night? It's kinda hard for me to sleep with the light on—"

"I'm sorry Colin," I insisted, flipping the light switch, and turning around to walk away.

"Wait," he sighed, turning on the lamp beside his bed, "Give me a hug..."

I turned around to face him and saw that he was holding out his arms.

"Colin—"

"I mean it," he smiled, "Can't risk leaving without a hug!"

I slowly made my way over to him and sat to his right on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me, and  I returned the favor. It took everything in me not to burst into tears.

We let go of each other and he brushed his hand across my face. I closed my eyes and looked down at the bed, trying desperately to keep calm. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Colin..."

I shifted to stand up, but I was instantly pulled back down.

"It's my last night... Stay with me... I know last night I practically said I'd never ask you again, but this time is different—"

"Ok."

"Ok? No sighing, no arguing, just ok?" He raised his eyebrow and made room for me in the bed, "I should've moved out a long time ago..."

I let out a slight chuckle and nestled into his arms. The warmth of his body engulfed me, as he reached over to turn off the bedside lamp. The light flicked off, and he draped his arm over my waist.

I laid in bed for a few moments, thinking of ways to make him stay, and why I couldn't let him go. It seemed like everyone I was close to, felt that it was best to get away from me. Ryan, who is already in another relationship... Reece, who hadn't bothered to contact me since his wedding night... and now Colin.

The more I thought about loosing him, the worse I felt. I tried to focus on the fact that I knew leaving would make him happier... All I wanted was for Colin to be happy, even if it was with Callie...

I came to a realization that you never know how much you love someone until you watch them love someone else... Just hearing about Colin and Callie together upset me, and I couldn't imagine what that must've felt like to Colin, who walked in on his brother and I sleeping together... Looking back on that day made me question how he could even stand to be this close to me.

I slipped my hand out from under his arm, and back over, to put my hand in his. He rustled around a bit, and settled back down with his head buried into my neck. I could only imagine how adorable he looked...

I couldn't tell if Colin was asleep or not, but I didn't care anymore... I had to cry. Tears silently rolled down my face and onto Colin's pillow, and kept coming. The entire time, I sniffled as quietly as I possibly could, trying my best not to disturb Colin.

I finally composed myself and stopped crying. I could've cried for hours, but I knew I needed sleep, and I that should enjoy my last night with Colin. I loosened my grip on Colin's hand so that I could wipe the tears from my eyes, but right as I began pulling away, Colin clenched my hand tightly.