Chapter 71: Confession

POV: Savannah

"I can't tell you how grateful I am to have gotten this job... This was only supposed to be a temporary thing, and I was never supposed to bond with you all in the way that I did, but I'm glad I got to stay, and I'm glad I got to spend time with such amazing people. I hope that I can come back one day, because I wouldn't be half the man I am today if I didn't have you all to open up to..."

Ryan trailed off and looked over at me.

"I'd just like to say that as of right now, I'm quitting. I am no longer your teacher, so nothing I say will go on my record, correct?" He asked, looking over to Mr. Novak who nodded his head in agreement, "Good, then I have some very important things to tell you all!"

Ryan clasped my hand and our fingers intertwined. His abrupt actions took me by surprise.

"I love you"

He dropped the mic from his lips and turned to kiss me. It wasn't even a kiss. It was a full on make out session in the middle of the gym. I pulled away from him before it got too out of hand, and looked up in the stands. Most of the girls were mortified, because they thought they'd have a chance with Ryan after he left. Most of the guys were clapping, because I guess they thought it was cool, and everyone else was just downright shocked.

I tried to pull my hand away, thinking that this was all for show, but when I released my grip, Ryan squeezed tighter. At that moment, everything sorta clicked for me. Ryan wanted me there with him, he wanted me to support him, because he was afraid of being alone... afraid of losing me... I clenched my hand again, and I could feel him slowly becoming less and less high strung.

"I met Savannah here in Vancouver when I was visiting my brother. Now, I know most of you follow social media and you probably already know everything about that situation, so I'm not gonna bore you with the details. The point is, I fell in love with her, and when I fell, I fell hard," he joked, bringing a smile to numerous faces among the crowd, and trying to relieve some tension, "but sometimes when you love something you have to let it go, for the good of you both..."

Ryan's palms were growing increasingly sweaty so I decided to slip my hand out of his, and wrap my arm around his torso. He returned the favor, and I laid my head on his shoulder. I could tell it was helping to know I was there for him because his body felt way more relaxed than it had before.

"Savannah is the love of my life," he said, smiling down at me with watery eyes.

I glanced at him and then over to the big screen. The tears that were forming showed up great, as did the redness in both of our faces. I lifted my head and kissed him in the cheek.

"If you have a problem with that, we can take it up outside after this is over," he joked, trying to refrain from crying as much as possible.

"I DO!" Tony shouted into his megaphone.

"Fight me Tiny!" Ryan said, dropping the mic and unbuttoning the top button of his shirt.

Tony laughed and jumped down from the stands. They were about the same height, and Ryan had some muscle, but Tony was a ripped 20 something year old football player, who could probably destroy Ryan with the flick of his wrist.

Tony walked up to Ryan and placed him in a head lock, which Ryan then somehow managed to slip free from. They joked around for a while, and ended up hugging it out. Tony made a joke about Ryan's little friend, which no one heard, and went back into the stands with a smirk on his face.