Chapter 46: Go Away

POV: Savannah

The last bell of the day rang, and I was so thankful to get out of there. Even my other teachers were talking about Ryan... I was honestly tired of hearing his name. Reece refused to talk to me and wasn't answering my texts. I tried to stay positive and be glad that I was going home where I wouldn't have to worry about him anymore...

I walked out to the parking lot and got in my car, taking a moment to text Reece one last time before he could get to far from campus. All of a sudden, I was startled by a figure standing at my window. I reached over to clicked the button that roll it down.

"Jesus Ryan! What do you want?"

"You, but that's besides the point..."

"You're right," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Anyway... I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I deserved to be punched—"

"You deserve to be punched a lot..."

"I know, but in my defense—"

"Dont you ever get tired of making up lies?"

"Yeah, but this isn't a lie..." he insisted, "I was high earlier—"

Oh boy... another lie...

"That's funny, but you've proved to me that you've been clean so—"

"I was clean..."

I looked into his eyes and I could tell he wasn't joking. There was something about the solemn look on his face that didn't seem like a he was telling a lie.

"If you are telling the truth... I'm sorry to hear"

"You definitely shouldn't be. I'm a messed up guy, and I'm sorry you still deal with me, but I'm thankful you're still around..."

He put his arm in the open window and rested his head down. He was really starting to worry me. His actions were even more careless than usual...

"Do you need help Ryan?"

"Yeah... I need help with a lot of things..."

"When did you start using again?"

"Within an hour of seeing my wife... it was awful Savannah... I need my kids back—"

"Why was it so awful?"

"It's a long story..."

I smiled weakly and gently ran my fingers through his hair.

"I'm here for yo—"

"Don't be..."

"What?"

"Promise me you won't speak to me or acknowledge my existence until I get better... From here on out I'm just your teacher. Nothing more, nothing less"

He looked up to me with sympathetic, pleading eyes.

"But Ryan if you need help—"