Chapter 23: The Drinking Games

POV: Colin

When I got home I went right back to bed. My hangover was not treating me well. I woke up again somewhere around 3:00 to hear my phone going off. I grabbed it from the nightstand, knocking off almost everything in the process, and looked at it to see who it was. Reece... Why was he calling me? Did he know? How could he know? There was no way for Reece to know what happened unless Savannah told him, and I prayed she hadn't, as I decided to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Colin! Hey! In need to ask you something real quick."

"Sure"

It's over, he knows what happened.

"Wanna come over today?"

"Why today?"

"Well I just thought we could all hang out together."

"Oh, good!"

He didn't know!

"Really? Cool, it'd be nice right?"

"Of course"

"Yeah! You can come by whenever and we can all just chill."

"Ok, I'll see you Reece"

"Bye"

What did I jut do, I said to myself, putting my hands over my face. I'm probably the last person Savannah wants to see right now...

I sat up in my bed and tried to think of something to do about what happened last night. I decided it'd be best to text Savannah and see how she was.

Me: Hey....

– 30 Minutes Later –

Me: Are you mad at me?

Savannah: Hey, didn't see your first text. Did you want to talk about something?

Me: I just wanted to tell you Reece invited me over today.

Savannah: He told me he was going to invite everyone over, something about wanting us to be closer with each other. What did you say?

Me: I told him I'd come over...

Savannah: I'll see you later then.

Savannah: When were you coming?

Me: I guess whenever I can get out of bed without falling over.

Savannah: Lol, I've been there. 😂 Talk to you later Colin.

POV: Savannah

The first person to come over was Sean and his wife Tanya. Reece broke out the board games and a bottle of champagne when they arrived. We talked for a long time about small things, laughing and getting to know each other, until we heard a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," I said cheerfully.

When I opened the door, I saw Colin, Jen, and Ryan standing outside.