Chapter 51: Suspicion

POV: Savannah

All of the the anger between and jealousy between us practically vanished as we embraced each other.

"Savannah," he wimpered, "oh my gosh—"

"I know..."

Tears poured from my eyes as Colin consoled me. His hands felt so unfamiliar on my body, but I squeezed him tighter anyway.

We stood in the middle of the kitchen holding each other for what felt like an hour. Time passed slow and I was thankful for it. I'll admit... As much as I tried to deny it to myself, I knew my heart was still with Colin. I missed him, but being that close and smelling her perfume didn't sit well in my mind.

He let go of me and I saw the streaks of water on his cheeks, left over by the tears.

He wiped his face and sighed, "you smell like Ryan"

My face turned bright red.

"He's going to be my plus one to the wedding... do you mind?"

"Not at all," Colin said, faking a smile.

"If it's a problem Colin I—"

He shot me a look of frustration and cut me off with the glare.

"Just out of curiosity, how many times have you told him you loved him?"

Colin's eyes were burning into my soul as I tried to think...

"Only once... earlier today when—"

"When you were calling out his name in the bedroom?"

"What? No... it wasn't like that. I told him I had the miscarriage and we were both crying. He hugged me and told me he loved me and it just slipped out—"

He nodded, turned his back to me, and began walking towards the stairs

"That's all I needed to know..."

"Wait, why does it matter?!"

I was concerned that I had just walked myself into a trap that was impossible to escape from. He stopped midway up the steps and I briskly walked to catch up with him.

"It matters because that's one more time than you've ever said it to me..."

He looked at me with pain in his eyes.

"Colin—"

"No, don't Colin me... you've never told me you love me and now I see why. You're in love with Ryan. I was stupid to try and change it"

"That's not true—"

"Helen will be my plus one to the wedding... unless you have a problem with that," he sassed.

Before I had time to respond, he was already making his way up the rest of the stairs and walking off l to his room. The door shut with a bang, and I quietly went to my room and closed the door to go to sleep. I ended up crying myself to sleep because Colin no longer needed me, neither did Ryan, and I hardly talked to Reece anymore... I lost my child and the world as I knew it was falling apart around me.

*  *  *

The next morning my alarm clock went off and I woke up, hoping last night was a dream. I got out of bed and changed into new clothes, and prepared to start the day. Reece and Jen's wedding was tomorrow, and when I got off of school, I was supposed to help them with some of the finishing touches. I still hadn't even gotten my dress... I finished doing what I needed to do and headed downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and accidentally bumped into Colin.

"Sorry," I blushed, feeling like a cliché high school girl.

"It's fine," he smiled, looking me up and down, "hey, what are you doing later today?"

"I have to go get my dress and help with some of the wedding stuff—"

"Can I come?"

I paused and collected my thoughts, making sure it wasn't another trap.

"Sure... but Ryan may be at the same place we're going... I don't think he has his suit either.

"Ok," He smiled, walking away and immediately beginning to text on his phone. That woman was changing him... he was sneaking around and it was making him a whole different person, but I couldn't say anything about it. If I tried, he would probably claim I has jealous, and he'd be right, but that wasn't the reason why I didn't trust her... I grabbed my keys from the holder beside our front door and got in the car to go to school.

Once I arrived at the building, I parked my car and walked inside. The halls were decorated with red lights and pink hearts. Posters lined he halls with quotes from the art club students to get us in the Valentine's Day spirit.

The thought of Valentine's Day made me sick to my stomach. The only good thing coming out of this was Reece's wedding. Everything else around me was going horribly wrong, and I'd probably find a way to ruin that.

I made it to the hallway and was about to step in the door when the tardy bell rang.

"Go to the front office"

"What?"

"You're late, go to the front office"

"Ryan—"

"Mr. O'Donoghue... Now go before you miss my lecture"

I turned and backtracked down the hall, all the way to the front office. My heart told me to rip up every Valentine's Day poster in sight, but my mind told me that was a bad idea...

Today already wasn't going well from the start, and now Ryan had to make it worse... as usual.