Chapter 61: Speak Your Mind

POV: Savannah

It was about 9:00 and almost everyone had migrated inside to hear the speeches and watch them cut the cake. This wedding was the drink-all-night type of deal. Colin and I split up and I went towards my mom and Jon. We talked for a while until Reece stood on a chair and clanked a fork against his glass of champagne. Everyone silenced and anticipated his next move.

"Thank you all for coming! Special thank you to our groomsmen and bridesmaids. Colin, thanks for being my best man," he raised his glass in the air and continued, "anyway, tonight is the best night of my life and I'd like to thank my beautiful bride...I dont know where I'd be without you. You make me a better man and my life a better place... I'm so sorry I have to go on tour. I would drop everything to be with you, but you insist I follow my dreams, and that's why I love you Jennifer..."

Jennifer got a little emotional as Reece gave her a kiss, passed the mic to me, and began opening another bottle of champaign.

"I ask that we all raise a glass to my wonderful bride, and her beautiful bridesmaids, as Savannah begins her speech"

Everyone refilled their glasses and I took center floor.

"I'd just like to start by saying how happy I am to be here..."

My eyes switched back and forth between Colin and Helen. He had his arm tightly wrapped around her waist... he was so close, yet he couldn't seem more distant. He stared off to his right and I looked deep within the crowd to find who he was fixated on.

"...love is a crazy thing, and one small mistake can end everything. In the blink of an eye," I directed my statement to Colin, "or the turn of a head... The love of your life may move on, just because you didn't fulfill their desires"

Colin cut his eyes over at me. They were still filled with bitterness. His gaze cut deep into my soul, reopening the inevitable wound that was left when he broke my heart.

"...but some couples overcome those mistakes! They move on with their lives together because they know how hard it would be to go on without one another... everyone here can trust me when I say I'm speaking from my heart. I mean it with every ounce of love in me, Jen and Reece are made for each other... I'm glad they've forgiven each other for their past errors"

I dropped the mic from my lips and everyone began clapping. Reece smiled and thanked me as I handed him the mic to introduce Colin. He separated his arms from Helen's waist and took the floor.

"Thanks Reece," he smiled, "I'm not really good at these types of things, but I'll try, not guaranteeing This will go very well"

Subtle laughter filled the room. It was obvious Colin was already a little drunk...

"I actually agree with everything Savannah said... Deception in a relationship is a very hard thing to overcome... and sometimes you just can't," he stated simply, pausing and making direct eye contact with me, "but one day? If you're lucky enough... you'll be rewarded with someone else who will treat you right!"

He smiled, looking into the crowd, and over to Melany first before quickly switching his eyes to Helen.

Melany... that's who he was looking at during the ceremony and just moments ago...