Chatpter 55: The Kids

POV: Savannah

I stopped talking as Colin and Ryan closed in on us.

"Sup ladies," Ryan smirked, walking beside me and throwing his arm around my shoulder, letting his hand slide to my back.

I ignored him as Colin did the same with Melany. I began to wonder how they actually knew each other... I didn't have time to dwell on the subject before I heard the shop door swing open, and saw a woman with two children walk though.

"Ella! Grace!" Ryan let his hand drop and squatted to the floor as his children ran into his arms. He picked the oldest one up on his shoulders, Ella, and Melany grabbed the youngest one, Grace.

Grace look like Melany, but absolutely nothing like Ryan, and I had a hard time believing that was actually his child. She had very blonde hair pulled up in a ponytail, and sapphire blue eyes... neither one of them had eyes like that, but I assumed it may have come from Colin's side of the family.

Ella on the other hand, was the pinnacle of perfection. She looked exactly like Ryan, from his eye color to the shape of her ears. She had all of his features and she was gorgeous. Her hair was light brown and straightened with two side pieces pulled to the back being held together with a rubber band.

"Hey! Did you have fun?" Ryan asked Ella, looking up at her as she shook her head and smiled.

He was no longer the same Ryan I was used to seeing. His eyes were brighter and his heart was happier. I began feeling sorry about the miscarriage again because now I could see how good of a father he would've been.

"Thanks for bringing them mom," Melany said, giving her mother a side hug and saying goodbye.

The worker came back with our dresses and packed them up for us while Colin and Ryan checked out.

"So what are you gonna do today?" Ryan asked.

"What do you mean? With the kids?"

"Yeah—"

"Nothing I don't guess... we might order pizza tonight—"

"Pizza isn't good for them..."

Melany let out a sigh.

"I like pizza!" Ella exclaimed, pulling on Ryan's beard.

He moved her hands and placed her on the ground. She hugged his leg and looked up at me.

"Can I take them?"

"It's not your day Ryan—"

"Please?"

Ryan put on his pouty face and his puppy dog eyes that no one could resist.

"Fine..."

Ryan's face lit up once more and he went back to talking to his daughter. I smiled and glanced over to Colin who'd been staring at Melany the whole time.

"Can I talk to you for a minute Melany?"

Melany nodded, gave Grace to Ryan, and followed Colin across the store, taking as they walked. The conversation seemed serious and as time passed I grew more and more suspicious. They disappeared into a back room as the cashier finished bagging all of our items and handed them to me one by one.

Ryan took his kids to the lounge chairs in the middle of the store and told them not to move while he put his suit in his car. I waited in the chairs with them as Ryan left.

"Is daddy leaving again?"

I looked over and saw Ella staring back at me through her innocent eyes.

"Your dad is just putting his things in the car, he'll be right back!" I smiled.

"Why do mommy and daddy always argue?"

I really didn't know how to answer these questions, and I was beginning to hope Ryan would hurry back.

"They've just had a hard time together..."

The door jangled as Ryan stepped through again.

Thank gosh.

"I'm gonna go put yours and Colin's things in the car too," he insisted, getting the items and walking back out through the door.

Dang it...

"Daddy is so nice to you, mommy always makes him mad... I don't like when they fight..."

I looked down at the pain inflicted little girl and realized just how much Melany and Ryan needed to be together. I picked her up, put her in my lap, and gave her a hug as she cried on my shoulder. From what I could tell, Melany was willing to make it work with Ryan. He claimed he was ready, but he was still so standoffish towards anything she did or said. I had no clue what went down in their past, but I hat wished Ryan would give her a chance.

I closed my eyes and hugged Ella tighter as Grace climbed in my lap with her. It wasn't long before Ryan walked through the door again and witnessed out moment of affection. He walked over to us and sat on his knees next to me and Grace hugged his neck.

"Like I said before, you'd be a great mom..."

Ella sat in my lap and pulled Ryan's phone from his front pocket.

"Ryan... Ella and Grace love you, but they also love Melany. You need to make this work. Melany is willing, are you?"

Ryan looked at his daughter who was staring intently  into his eyes.

"Of course I am Savannah, but I—"

"Then give her a chance... that's all I'm asking..."

He kissed his daughter on the forehead as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Are they still talking? Colin and Melany?"

I frowned and looked over towards the back room they went into.

"I think so..."