Chapter 57: Valentine Heartbreak

POV: Savannah

The next morning, I woke up to loud music playing throughout the house. I put my pillow over my head in an effort to silence the jumble of noise entering my ears but it was pointless. I angrily got out of bed and stomped out of my room. About half way down stairs I realized a love song by Boyz II Men was blasting on the TV.

Colin came out from in the kitchen, singing at the top of his lungs. I walked over to the television and turned it down until it was moderately playing in the background.

"What on EARTH are you doing?!"

"Hey! Look whose awake!"

He lifted a bottle of wine to his lips and took a gulp.

"Why are you drinking at ten in the morning?"

He laughed and drew in closer to me, "I'm Irish!"

A smile crept onto my face as he wrapped his arms around me, "that's still no excuse to be prancing around the house in your heart patterned boxer briefs—"

"Was I prancing?" He asked seductively, biting his lip and raising his eyebrow, "just because we aren't together doesn't mean we can't have a little fun on Valentine's Day..."

He sat down on the couch and gripped my waist, pulling me closer to him until I was directly between his legs.

"Yes," I stated, pulling away from him, "it does..."

He let out a sigh and stood up from the couch.

"I made breakfast," he announced, gesturing towards the kitchen, "help yourself..."

"I will after I get through changing clothes, give me like 30 minutes"

"Ok," he smiled.

I went upstairs, gathered some fresh clothes and laid them in on my counter, turned on my bathroom shower, and hopped inside.

The shower was the only place I felt safe to think. It was a judgement free zone where I could unwind and relax.

Today was Reece's big day and one of the last special moments he had with Jen before he had to hop on a plane and go on tour. Jen wanted to go with him so bad, but she knew she had to stay in Vancouver for filming. I couldn't imagine how it'd feel if I married the man of my dreams and he left me for the first couple months of our marriage... the whole situation only caused me to gain more respect for Jennifer as a human being.

I turned around to grab my shampoo and touched skin instead.

"Oh my—"

"Sorry I was just—"

"You were just what? Trying to give me a heart attack?!"

"I would never do that love..."

He looked into my eyes and backed me into the shower wall.

"Colin..."

"Yes?"

His body grazed against mine and sent chills down my spine.