Chapter 63: Shield Your Eyes

POV: Colin

 When we got into her house, she offered me more champaign and I gladly accepted. 

"My room is the last one on the left," she stated, pouring the alcohol, and gesturing upstairs, "I'll be there in a second, I just have to make a call..."

"Ok," I said seductively, brushing my hand down her arm before grabbing the glass from her arm.

"You're not cheating on me are you?" I said playfully, raising an eyebrow.

She laughed and pulled her phone from her clutch.

"No, but I am calling your brother to see when he's bringing the girls home—"

"Right, that's probably a good idea," I said, drawing in closer and speaking softly, "I'll be upstairs... waiting"

I could practically see the chill running through her body as I bit my lip and turned around, heading for the stairs. I went into her room and made myself comfortable, kicking off my shoes and taking off my blazer. I lounged on the bed and watched the television for a few minutes until she came into the room, carrying the entire bottle of champagne.

"Why do I get a glass and you get the bottle?" I smirked, "Do you really need to be that drunk to do this with me?" 

"Absolutely not," she claimed setting the bottle down on the TV stand, "It's just Ryan... He's always testing my nerves—"

"That's just what he does..." I stated, "was he bringing your kids home any time soon?"

"No, Reece and Jen offered to watch them for the night," she smiled.

"Great," I said, hopping off the bed and walking towards her.

"Yea," she grinned, putting her hands on my face and going in for a kiss.

I pressed my lips against hers and reached out to close the door. It shut with a thud as my hands moved from her waist, up to the zipper on the back of her dress. Her hands moved down from my face, lingered on my chest as she bit my lip in a passionate kiss, and continuing onto my belt buckle.

Her dress fell to the floor and my kisses moved to her neck. She pulled away and went over to the bed as I pulled off my tie and unbuttoned my shirt. I walked to the bed and hovered over her, leaning down and kissing her from time to time as she worked on undoing my pants. I tossed my shirt to the floor and she finally popped open the button, and pulled off my slacks.

"Did you hear that?" 

I stopped unclasping her bra and moved from on top of her.

"What?" She asked anxiously.

"I thought I—"

"I think you're just nervous Colin," she insisted, pushing me to the bed and climbing on top of me.

"Yeah, I am now—" 

"No, I mean you're nervous because the last few times you fell for someone, they betrayed you," she shifted around on top of me, and planted a kiss on my cheek, "I'd never do that to you... If I didn't have children with Ryan—" 

"I know," I insisted, brushing her hair back with my hand as I pressed her body against mine, "I want you Melany..."

POV: Ryan

 We pulled up in the driveway and I parked the car. I assumed Colin was parked in the garage, which helped my case significantly. I couldn't have Savannah asking questions before we even got in the house. We got out of the car and woke up the girls. 

"We have to be quiet okay? Mommy might be asleep," I smiled, picking up Grace, and holding Ella's hand as we walked to the front door.

Savannah opened the door and closed it quietly as we walked in. Ella and Grace were to tired to go upstairs which relieved me because the last thing I wanted them to walk in on was their mom with their uncle... That sounded pretty traumatizing. 

Savannah hugged them as they walked over towards the couch. Ella wouldn't let go of her so I eventually had to pick her up and carry her to the couch with Grace myself. 

"Ryan, I don't think Melany is even here," she said, as I walked back over to her.

"I don't want to take any chances—"

"Well I don't want to see her either Ryan!" she said in a harsh whisper.

This was ruining everything... 

"Fine," I insisted, "we'll go together—"

"Ryan... Why do I need to go? If you're trying to get me alone—"

"No— I mean yes— I mean—"

Damn it Ryan— Get your story straight!

"Ok Ryan what's really going on?"

I covered my face with my hands and paused before speaking again.

"Savanah... Just come with me," I grabbed her hand and led her towards the stairs.

Savannah reluctantly came with me, and we went up the steps, into my room.

"Well?"

"Shh," I said, "listen—"

"I wasn't even being loud!" She whispered irritatedly, "Why the hell aren't you getting your checkbook? Why am I whispering?!"

"I don't actually need my checkbook," I whispered back, "before you get mad at me... watch this..." 

"Ryan what—"

"HEY MELANY!" I shouted, "I BROUGHT ELLA AND GRACE HOME!"

 I ran out into the hall and Savannah followed my with a confused look on her face as I twisted the doorknob.

"Look away—"

"What? Why?!"

"LOOK AWAY FOR A SECOND SAVANNAH"