Chapter 42: Really Ryan?

POV: Savannah

I had practically ran across campus to tell the front office about Ryan's 'mistake' with the attendance. When I got done there, I folded up my pass out of class and stuffed it in my pocket. That's when I remembered the money Ryan gave me to get him a soda from the drink machine.

I walked around campus for another few minutes, on the hunt for a vending machine. At last, I finally found one, two flights of stairs up from my classroom. I inserted the dollar bill and hands into the machine, and waited fir the drink to drop into the bottom. It hit with a thud and I bent down to grab it. When I fished the drink out from the door flap on the machine, I stood back up straight, and was eye to eye with the assistant principle.

"What do you think you're doing out of class?"

"I was just turning in a note at the front office, my teacher sent me!" I stuttered, handing over the handwritten note, "Mr—"

"How many days?" He said, cutting me off as he looked down at the note.

"What?"

"How many days of expulsion do you think you deserve for foraging a pass out of class?"

"But I didn't—"

"I've never heard of this teacher in my life, and you expect me to believe a man has handwriting like this?"

I never really thought about it until then... Ryan was a new teacher that had just been transferred this morning, there was no way for the assistant principal to know him, and his handwriting was rather feminine...

"If you just follow me back to my class, I can introduce you!" I pleaded, "I would never do anything to jeopardize my academic career"

"Fine" he agreed

I officially hated Ryan. He'd better hope the only time I saw him was in school... As soon as we began walking, the lunch bell rang. I rushed the assistant principal back down the halls and into my classroom.

"See, this is—"

I walked him into a room without a single soul inside.

"Mrs. Newman, do you think this is a game?"

"No! I'm sure he just went to go get lunch or something," I suggested, making up things as I went along, "just sit with me here, please..."

We sat in silence for a good fifty minutes out of our hour long lunch break, waiting on my teacher to come back. The assistant principal was just beginning to give up, insisting I come with him to the front office, when Reece and Ryan walked through the door. They proceeded to sit down a milkshake and a bag of food from McDonald, leaving their ice creams in hand.

"Oh, hey!" Ryan said, switching the ice cream cone to his left hand and reaching out with his right, "I'm Mr—"

Reece swatted his hand from the air.

"You're Mr. O'Donoghue?"

"The one and only!"

The assistant principal gave him a concerned look, "and why did we hire the likes of you? A man with the looks of a male model, and the maturity level of a ninth grader..."