Chapter 31: Closest Friends

POV: Savannah

I left Colin's house feeling a variety of emotions. I was causing a war between two brothers, and that's the last thing I wanted to happen. I felt like it'd be best if I just left them both alone, but Colin just told me he loved me. How could I possibly never talk to him again after that?

When I finally got home, I decided it'd be best to not think about Colin or Ryan, so I turned on the television.

I flipped past cartoons and landed on The Celebrity Insider channel. I almost passed it by, until I saw footage of Reece from earlier today on the screen. Apparently he was taking lunch to a new girlfriend of his.

The screen cut back to two people sitting at a desk, talking about candid shots of Reece in a bar with a blonde, and back at a hotel room the next morning.

I whipped out my phone and called him as fast as I could. The phone rang for a while and went to voicemail. I told him to call me back as soon as he got my message, and that I was worried about him.

An hour had passed from the time I called, when I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up without looking to see who it was, assuming it was Reece.

"REECE, WHERE HAVE YOU—"

"Woah, hey this isn't Reece!"

"Colin—"

"Don't hang up... please"

"Fine, but you have five minutes. I need to have the line free if Reece tries to call."

"That's all I need. I wanted to tell you my family is leaving and going back to Ireland tomorrow on New Years Day—"

"Ryan is going too right?"

"Yeah, but—"

"Thank gosh—"

"You're wasting my five minutes..."

"My mistake, continue"

"Ok, they're leaving, but we were all going to spend New Year's Eve together before they do..."

"So?"

"So I want you to come—"

"Ryan will be there, no way..."

"Please, we're not going to fight or anything"

"Why do you need me to come? Why not Jen?"

"Well actually I invited Jen and Reece... and Sean might bring Tanya along too"

"You do know Jen and Reece broke up because of you right?"

"I heard, but they're both my friends, and I want them to bond with my family. I want all of my closest friends to be with me... especially you"

"But you have Jen, and Reece. Sean and Tanya may even come—"

"That doesn't matter, I would trade every single one of them just to have you there with me... Savannah, close your eyes"

"what?"

"Just, humor me"

"Ok," I agreed, closing my eyes

"Are they closed?"

"Yeahhhh....." suspicion rang throughout my voice.

"Good, now what do you see?"

I paused, wondering if it was a trick question, "Darkness... Nothing... Empty Space..."