Chapter 89: Sinking Ships

POV: Savannah

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face, thinking about all of the things that happened the night before. I stretched out my arms and opened my eyes, feeling a draft from behind. I turned my head quickly and patted the other side of the bed to find an empty space.

I reached over and picked up a sheet of paper from the night stand. It was a letter from Colin. I looked around the room in search of his luggage, but it was nowhere in sight. I rubbed my eyes and focused them downward to read the letter.

Dear Savannah,
By the time you read this, I will have already left. It's currently six in the morning, and I should probably get going. I just wanted you to know that I love you and last night was the best night of my life. I'm sorry I couldn't stay, and that I didn't wake you up to say goodbye, but I did kiss your cheek and write you this letter. We both need time to figure ourselves out, and I believe this is the best way. Besides, I need a place to spend time with Callie, and you need your own space. I hope to see you soon my love... best wishes,

 I set the paper on the bed and buried my face into my hands

I set the paper on the bed and buried my face into my hands. I didn't know what to do next. I thought about calling him, but when I picked up my phone to dial his number, I was greeted only by his voicemail. It felt like my world officially had no purpose. All of the men I had ever loved were gone from my life, and I couldn't function anymore. I picked up my phone one last time and tuned to the only person I had left. The phone rang a couple times and the line connected.

"Hey Tony, got any plans?"

"Nope... shouldn't you be in class?"

I paused for a minute and thought about school. School brought back memories of Ryan, which I then pushed out. I avoided his question and figured he wasn't in class either since he accepted my phone call.

"How do you feel about going on a vacation with me?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking you, me, and a boat—"

"So we're going on a cruise?"

"Yeah! Why not?!"

"Ok," he laughed, "I'll pack my things!"

"Really?" I joked, "I would've thought you'd say something like, 'I already own a yacht, and I could totally hire someone to take us—"

"I do... We can do that if you'd rather—"

"Just meet at my house," I insisted.