Chapter 22: Bed of Lies

POV: Colin

I woke up the next morning with a piercing pain shooting through my head. Where the hell am I... I felt around the dark room and grabbed my phone off of a table to my right. The screen lit up and I saw a trash can next to the bed. Something told me to go for it... I'm glad I did because right as I grabbed it, I spent the next half-hour hanging over the edge of the bed with vomit flowing like a dam that had just burst.

When the retching finally stopped, I sat up in the bed, and I could tell by the blankets that I wasn't at my house, but whose house was I at? It was pitch black except for the little cracks of light entering the room from the window behind the curtain on the wall.

I felt around the bed to for my phone again, and instead grabbed a hand. This can't be happening... I couldn't find my phone so I decided to get up and pull back the curtains to let some light in the room. As I removed the blankets to get out of bed, I felt an unusual draft. GREAT, I'm also naked!

That's when all of a sudden, last night's memories came flowing in. I practically ran to open the curtain of the window. No, no, no, no, NO, this can't be happening right now, not with Savannah! Maybe I slept with Riley... Gross, but I cannot ruin my relationship with Savannah... When I pulled back the curtain, light poured Into the room and revealed everything.

Savannah was laying in the bed, and I assumed she was naked since there was more than one set of clothes on the floor. Shit... I put on my clothes as fast as I could, rushing to get out of her room. I began buttoning my pants as I headed down the hall, when I heard the front door shut. Oh my God...

"Jesus Colin, you scared the hell out of me... What are you doing here?" Reece began interrogating me.

"Oh hey, sorry! I slept here last night..."

"What do you mean you slept here— Slept here where?"

"On the couch," I said, making it down the final step without breaking eye contact.

"No blankets? Pillows? Not even a—"

"Uh yeah, Savannah let me borrow all that stuff. As a matter of fact, that's why I was just upstairs... I put those things back in her room."

"Oh, Is she awake?"

"NO," I said abruptly, "I wouldn't go in there if I were you..."

"Why," Reece asked suspiciously.

"Well um... I actually drank too much last night. That's the whole reason I had to stay in the first place, and when she took the bottle away from me, I think she may have had some herself..."

"Ahhhh, gotcha. Well, I'll see you later Colin."

He bought it... He actually bought it. I felt bad for lying to him but I knew that if I told him, he would end up going absolutely crazy on me, and I just didn't need that right now.

"Yeah, see you mate," I said, waving goodbye and heading out to my car.

POV: Savannah

I woke up around 2:00 P.M. with the sudden urge to throw up. I ran to my bathroom and sat there with my head in the toilet bowl for a good 20 minutes before I felt ok to move. Realizing I was sitting on my bathroom floor naked, I went to my closet to put some clean clothes on, and threw the dirty ones In the clothing hamper. It kinda bummed me out to see that Colin was gone... I knew that if he was still here when Reece got home, It would be a big mess, but it would've been nice to have gotten a text or something. Just as I finished cleaning up my floor, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in"

"Hey, Savannah how did— Woah, wait, what the heck happened to your room? I thought drunk people barely moved when they were asleep! Your covers are a mess!" He laughed, causing my face to turn bright red.

"How did you know I was drunk last night?"

"Colin told me..."

My heart sank into my stomach, "What else did Colin tell you Reece?!?"

"Geez, hold your horses... It's not that bad! We all get drunk every now and then! Why did you get so defensive?"

"I'm not getting defensive, I just wanted to know!" I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"Okay!!!" Reece said, mimicking me, "hey, how would you feel if we all started hanging out more?"

"We as in ...?"

"We as in you, me, Sean, Jen, Colin. You know, squad."

"Number one, don't say squad ever again, number two, it sounds like a great idea... When do you plan on inviting them over?"

"I dunno, what's today?"

"Sunday"

"Oh, then... today"

"WHAT?!"

"WHAT! What's wrong with today?!"

"NOTHING IS WRONG WITH TODAY!!"

"Then why is your voice getting all high pitched?!"

"I'm just SO excited!" I said, making up a lie on the spot, "BUT, with such short notice... No one will probably be able to come!"

"Well I'm just gonna tell them they are invited to come whenever they feel like it. No matter what day it is, the door is always open!"

"Ok, but I mean why today? Can't we wait like, a week or something??"

"I mean I guess so... I kinda wanted to do it now," he explained, "but I mean if there's something wrong... If you and Colin still aren't cool with each other—"

"No no, Colin and I are great, a little too great," I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?"

"I said Sundays are great!"

"Nice! I'll start calling!"