Chapter 67: Feelings Gone But Not Forgotten

POV: Jennifer

"COLIN!" I shouted.

The clutch dropped from my hand as I began sprinting over to him. In that moment, it felt like someone pressed the slow motion button on my life.

Colin was lying on the couch, facing the television, with one arm on his side, and the other outstretched towards the coffee table.

The outstretched hand was facing upwards, holding something unknown... Unknown until I glanced over at the coffee table once more and saw a bottle of rum and pills sitting right in front of him.

I made it to the couch and time sped up again as tears flowed down my face. Slowly, I drew in closer and touched his shoulder.

"Colin please be ok—"

All of a sudden I heard a sniffle.

"Go away Jen..."

My heart, which had previously stopped beating, now thumped on again.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU LOOK AT ME WHEN I CAME IN? You had me worried sick!"

I didn't know whether to hit him or hug him. He sat up on the couch and half of his hair was sticking up from how long he'd been laying there.

"I don't care anymore Jen," he claimed solemnly, scooting over, and looking down at the pills in his hand, "You know, I was actually debating whether to take these—"

"Colin," I said, grabbing for the pill bottle off of the table and unscrewing the lid, "you're drunk and heartbroken... let's just put the pills back—"

"Oh no," he said, jumping up and walking away, "what if I— what if I need these—"

"You don't!"

He watched me carefully as I got up and followed him into the kitchen portion of the hotel.

"Maybe it's just better if I—"

He raised his hand to his mouth and I pounced on him.

"STOP IT COLIN! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS... You get too attached to soon and it always turns out bad for you! Make someone pursue you for once! Stop stooping to their level!"

He looked at me intensely before shoving me away and walking off again. I was determined to keep an eye on him and I wasn't going to give up that easily. I watched as he went to the front door, closed it, and followed as he went down the hall, towards the bathroom.

"Get out and give me the pills," he demanded, glaring at me with hatred in his eyes.

"Colin—"

"Jennifer," he pleaded, as pain filled his voice, "just give me the pills..."

His eyes began to fill with water and I didn't know what to do. I was staring at him in shock, and didn't have time to react before he snatched the bottle from my hand.

"COLIN!"

I shouted, but it was no use. He turned his back and pushed me aside.