Chapter 93: Poisoned Love

POV: Colin

The next morning I woke up on the sofa, greeted by the smell of bacon. I sat up and saw that Callie was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. The sweet smell of maple syrup and pancakes wafted through the hotel.

"G'morning love," I smiled, standing up, and walking over to give her a kiss.

"Hey! Look who's up! I didn't think you'd be awake this soon."

"Why do you say that?" I questioned.

"Well you came home, cracked open the complimentary bottle of Poitín, and passed out on the couch... I just figured you'd be asleep longer."

I looked over to the half empty bottle of alcohol on the table and put my arm around her waist.

"I'm sorry"

"It's ok," she smiled, "So tomorrow is the big day huh? I'm going to meet your family!"

"Yep!" I exclaimed walking over to the cabinet, "It's going to be great... You're going to be great..."

She blushed as I handed her a plate and got one for myself.

"I hope so... This will determine our life together..."

"It's not that serious," I assured her, "Most of us will be too drunk!"

We laughed and went to the table to eat together. Somewhere along the way of our chatter, she began asking more personal questions about me, and what I wanted in the future.

"How do kids sound to you?" She asked cautiously.

"Love em'" I insisted, "I've wanted children for a while now, but I guess it just isn't meant to be..."

She smiled and looked down at her plate.

"What if I told you I had a son?"

I gazed at her with a look of confusion.

"I– Why are you just telling me this now?"

"I didn't know if it would ruin things between us..." she insisted.

I stared off into the distance and thought for a few moments.

"How old is he?"

"He's five... He's been staying with my parents while I came down to Vancouver for a little while... Like I said, I was never supposed to stay this long..."

She reached over the table and grabbed my hand.

"If I would've known, I wouldn't have asked you to come—"

"I know... He's safe though—"

"He needs his mother—"

"He also needs a father..."

All of a sudden my phone began ringing, and I picked it up to see who it was.

"Hello?"

"Hey, can you come over? I think something is wrong with Savannah, and I planned to go meet up with Ryan later—"