Chapter 82: Memories Last Forever

POV: Colin

I pulled up to the hotel Callie was staying at, and got out of the car to find her room. When I came upon number 225, I knocked and waited for a response. After a few moments of standing at the door, I began wondering if what I was doing was the right thing. Savannah seemed ok with it, Sean seemed ok with it... Maybe I was the only one who wasn't...

I heard the latch click to unlock, and the door opened. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion as she stepped out into the hallway.

"You look absolutely breathtaking," I insisted, moving my hands from behind my back to reveal a bouquet of flowers, "I bought these for you before I came... I know it doesn't even begin to compare to what you gave me but..."

I trailed off as she took the flowers from my hand, staring blankly into my eyes.

"I'm sorry," she said, snapping out of whatever trance she was in, "I just can't believe you're actually here... I can't even fathom why you'd even ask me to go to this big event with you anyway! This means more to me than you will ever know, trust me. It's probably the best thing I'll ever get in my life, so thank you Colin..."

Her smile was enough to light up the entire world, and her eyes were the color of the Caribbean Sea.

"You don't need to thank me for anything love. It's just nice to see someone smile and know that I'm the reason..."

She blushed, and cradled the flowers in her arm.

"Shall we?"

We interlocked arms and walked out to the car.

"So, Callie, why are you visiting Vancouver?"

"Believe it or not, I took a week off of school and work to come see my favorite show being filmed!"

"Where do you work?"

"The Seattle Children's Hospital—"

"So you're good with kids?"

"I love kids, can't wait to have my own someday!"

"I feel the same way! My brother has the sweetest little girls," I smiled, "Maybe us meeting was fate..."

"More like a very lucky coincidence," she grinned, looking over at me.

I walked ahead of her and opened the car door so that she could get in. I shut the door as she buckled her seatbelt, and got in on the driver side.

"Oh my gosh," she breathed.

"What's wrong?"

I raised an eyebrow and adjusted my mirrors.

"I'm just waiting to wake up from this dream!"

"I hope it's not a dream," I replied.

"This probably isn't going to sink in until tomorrow when I've already made a fool of myself—"

"It'd be very hard for anyone as beautiful as you to make a fool of themselves..."