Chapter 83: Let's Talk

POV: Savannah

I woke up the next morning, still in Colin's arms. I didn't sleep that great most of the night... Either my thoughts were keeping me awake, or Colin would shift in some way, disturbing my peace.

When I finally managed to get comfortable enough to sleep, Colin woke up with the sudden urge to throw up, and I had to move out of my desired position to hand him the trash can. All that being said, the night was rough, and now it was one in the afternoon. I was still half asleep when I heard he murmur of the television, and lifted my head to see what was going on.

"Look who's finally awake!" Colin exclaimed, causing me to jump a little bit, bringing me to full alertness.

"Geez Colin," I said hazily, wiping the sleep from my eyes, "You can't shout at someone when they first wake up... Especially if you're that close to their ear..."

"Sorry," he said softly.

"Feeling better?"

"Yep... Thanks again for staying with me..."

He moved his arm from around my side as I flipped over onto my back.

"No problem Colin," I insisted, folding my hands over my stomach.

I was staring up at the ceiling when I was struck with dissatisfied.

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot I had class today! Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"I didn't know... I mean I thought about it, but I just couldn't disturb you— I'm sorry... You just looked so peaceful..."

I sat up in bed and let out a deep sigh.

"It's fine Colin... I dont even know if I want to keep going to school. It's just too hard knowing that Ryan used to work there. Do you have any idea what went down in there? That class was amazing, and now it's just a depressing reminder of what used to be..."

Colin sat up beside me and grabbed my hand.

"No, I don't know what 'went down' in that class– I'm assuming that most days it was you, but—"

"That's not at all what I meant Colin... One time... maybe two—"

"Or three," he smiled.

"Anyway," I blushed, "It just sucks being there without him..."

Colin wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. He was shirtless and his skin was warm on mine. I buried my face into his shoulder.

"It's ok Savannah. You do what you feel is best... Ryan loves you, and I'm sure he thinks about you just as often as you think about him—"

"When he's not going on dates? Yeah I'm sure he does..."

"What are you talking about?"

"Ryan was on a date with a woman from his school the other day and he didn't even tell me. I had to hear it from what might as well be his 'boyfriend'... Its fine though, I guess I'll just die alone with Tony—"

"You'll find someone, don't say that..."

I pulled away from him and got out of bed.