Chapter 10: Bonding

POV: Savannah

"Uh-uh, No way..." I refused to believe a word he said.

"WHY would I make that up?"

"I'm not saying you made it up, I'm just saying—"

"So you believe me then?"

"No..."

Colin sighed and put his hand over his face out of frustration, "Savannah... She told me she was thinking of him."

"So what now? What am I supposed to do? Call his mom or something?"

"No... You don't have to do anything," he said, getting up to throw our cups away, "I'm gonna go lie down on the couch."

I decided to get up too because I didn't want to be sitting alone in the kitchen part of his trailer. Since he was taking up the couch, I sat on the coffee table in front of him, blocking his view of the TV.

"Could you move a little to the left?" He asked, gesturing his hand.

"No! C'mon Colin, talk to me!"

"Oh, so now it's not awkward?"

"Don't be like that—"

"Didn't you call a cab? ... Were you afraid it'd be to awkward if I took you home?" He mocked.

"Colinnnnnn" I groaned, he wasn't listening anymore. He got up and sat back to back with me on the coffee table.

"Problem solved," he taunted. I was trying to talk about a serious issue with him, involving two people we both cared about, and he was using this moment as playtime.

"Colin, I'm serious..."

"You sound serious." he remarked, gawking at the tv screen.

"What should we do!" I asked, quickly snatching the remote from his hands and jumping up.

He laughed and began to carefully walk towards me, as if I were a wild animal and one subtle movement would scare me away.

"Listen... Hand over the remote, and no one gets hurt."

"Answer my question and I will."

"Ok.... What was your question?"

I gave him a disgruntle look and asked again, "What-do-we-do-Colin?"

"Why can't we just let them live their lives?!"

"Are you bipolar?! A minute ago I'm pretty sure you would've ordered a bomb drop on Reece's house or something... Why the sudden change of emotion?"

"Because I was angry, but now I realize that one day I'll find the right person. Until then, if it's meant to be, then let it be."

"Are you saying Reece and Jen are meant to be?"

"Maybe, maybe not, but who are we to control the path either of them follow to find their happiness?"

"Ok Yoda," I I guess you're right."

"Good" he said, capering closer towards me, "now hand it over."

We were both standing in front of the television, waiting for the other to make the first move. I saw my chance and began to dart around the coffee table, heading towards the kitchen area. I could have gotten away, but I didn't anticipate for him to leap over the table and tackle me onto the couch.

"Rookie mistake..." He said, sitting on top of me as he wrestled the remote from my hands

"Have you done this before or something?"