Chapter 13: Rum and Relaxation

POV: Savannah

As we walked over to the door, Colin got his coat from off the rack and draped it over his arm.

"I'm gonna hold this over you when we go out ok?"

I nodded as he opened the door, walking out with me close behind. We began a slow sprint towards his car, but he couldn't shield me as good, so we just began brisk walking. Colin was already soaked and I wasn't too dry myself. We finally made it to the car door and I went to open it.

"It's locked."

"What?" He asked, "ok well um, hold this over yourself while I check my pocket."

"Colin, the jacket is a nice gesture and all, but in already pretty drenched, I'll be fine."

"Ok, suit yourself," he said, throwing the dripping jacket onto the top of his car, and pulling the keys from his pocket. He unlocked the doors and I ran over to the passenger side to get in. I shut the door and looked over at Colin, who was looking back at me, and we both began laughing uncontrollably.

"Savannah, I'm so sorry. We should've just stayed in the trailer!" He said, still cracking up.

Colin started the car began backing out of the parking space.

"So you said Reece wasn't going to be back tonight?"

"He said he'd be late... but he probably won't be back at the hotel at all."

Colin looked concerned, but didn't say anything else.

"Take a right when you turn out up here." I said, trying to direct him back towards the hotel, but instead he decided to take a left.

"What are you doing?" Suspicion rose in my voice, so much for not getting in the car with a stranger who might kidnap me.

"We're not going back to the hotel just yet."

"Yeah, I got that,"  I said sarcastically, "where are we going?"

He didn't reply but at that point I already knew. We had made it to the harbors and parked in front of the Jolly Roger.

"I'm sorry, I was going to take you back, but I realized—"

"That this was our last moment together?" I said with a slight smile forming on my face as I looked down from his eyes, and into the dashboard.

"If you want me to take you back..." he offered, trailing off mid-sentence.

"No, actually... this is good." I looked back up, my eyes met his, and he smiled.

We got out of the car and walked up the ramp to board the ship. The rain didn't seem to bother either of us anymore... it added to the effect of the night.

"Are you cold?" Colin asked in an anxious voice.

I wasn't really thinking about it until he said something, making a chill rush through my body, "yeah, a little bit."

He walked behind me and put his arms around me, hugging me from behind. I kept walking until we got to the ladder leading below deck.

"What's wrong?" He questioned, removing his arms and walking around to face me.

I took in a deep breath and sighed, "We might never see each other again..."

"Don't think about it."

"I'm trying not to but how can I—"

"Well one thing that might help take your mind off of it is getting out of this rain he said, pulling me closer for an actual hug, "why don't we just enjoy the extended time we have right now."

"But Colin," I pleaded, "we've become such good friends and I—"

His lips cut me off... I didn't have time to think before my hand was gripping the side of his face as he held on to me tightly. I hadn't kissed anyone in months and I was sure I was a little rusty, but the kiss seemed to keep going. My heart was telling me no, don't fall for anyone's tricks anymore, but my body was telling me yes.

His hands moved up to my face and he began to pull away, looking me in the eyes. Taking in a breath of air, he whispered, "like you said, these are our last moments together... I want to make the most of them."

He turned around and walked down onto the ladder.

"coming love?"

I followed him down to get out of the rain. Once I was in the little room below, he was lighting candles and looking for a bottle of rum.

"You have actual rum here?"

"What can I say, sometimes my friends and I like to relax and watch some television."

"Your lady friends?" I asked suspiciously, "what do you watch television on?"

He slid back a panel in the wall, revealing a television, and answering my question.

"Well if you consider Josh and Sean to be my lady friends then yes."

I laughed as he poured two glasses of rum, handing one over to me. I went over to the bed to sit down, still freezing, and in need of warm covers. Colin turned on the TV and sat next to me.

"You have to share you know," he said playfully, snatching most of the covers away from me.

"You do too!" I exclaimed, making a failed effort to pull some of the covers back onto myself as he began to lie down and make himself comfortable.

"Also.... I can't see the TV," he claimed, mocking our previous conversation from the day.

"Oh my god Colin not again."

"Well, it looks like you'll just have to get closer..." he suggested, beaming a smile at me.

I wasn't going to wrestle with him because it was too cold, and I was still too soaked to be doing all of that. I laid down in front of him and pulled the cover over myself. We were a little to close for either of our preferences. The bed was tiny, twin size at most, and I could feel every breath he was taking.

Soon, the night progressed, and we got more comfortable with each other. After bickering about what to watch on Netflix, we finally decided Zootopia would probably be best, and cuddled closer to each other in the attempt to warm up.

When he threw his arm around me, I could feel his body scoot forward, until we were right up against each other. I didn't know how to feel about it since the kiss... there wasn't much tension between us anymore, but there was a ton of confusion... on my part at least.

"Colin," I whispered

"Yeah?" He answered in a slightly tipsy, somnolent voice.

"Thank you for spending time with me today..."

"Of course love," he replied, squeezing my hand which I didn't notice he had been holding the whole time his arm was around me.

I remember being about half way through the movie and making an effort to say something, but Colin shushed me, until I ended up falling asleep in his arms.