Chapter 73: Hurting

POV: Savannah

"Do you need a ride home?"

Tony's words didn't register in my mind.

"Savannah? Hello?"

"Huh— What? Sorry Tony I—"

"It's ok, I just asked if you needed a ride home... I can take you if I do"

"Uh yeah, sure"

Tony nodded and put his arm around me, leading me out of the airport, and in the direction of his car. We didn't speak much on the drive to my house other than when I'd tell him which roads to turn down. Occasionally we would share memories about Ryan, which would eventually become too painful for either one of us to dwell on any longer.

When we reached my house, Tony got out with me, and we walked to the door together.

"Thank you Tony," I said softly, giving him a hug as we stood on the front porch.

"Yea, no problem," he replied, pulling away slowly, "I'll see you around Savannah..."

"Cya around Tony," I waved, as he turned around,
jumped back into his Ferrari, and zoomed out of the driveway.

Glad he wasn't driving like that while I was in the car...

I opened the front door and walked inside to the smell of a bakery shop, filled with all kind of comforting smells from pastries to hard sugar candies. I followed the scent down the hall and into the kitchen where I was greeted by Colin, shoving a small cupcake into his mouth.

"Hi Savannah," he blushed, wiping crumbs from his face and taking two more cupcakes into the living room with him.

I looked around the kitchen at all of the sweets lying on the counters.

Someone wasn't having a good day...

I helped myself to a bag of gummy bears, filled a baggie, and walked into the living room, plopping myself down next to Colin.

"Rough day?" I asked, trying to spark some conversation.

"Rough day and night," he replied, shoving another cupcake into his mouth, causing me to cringe as the icing got all over his fingertips

"Why didn't you just get the larger cupcakes so that you didn't have to make a mess Colin? Why did you even get all of those sweets in the first place—"

"Here we go again," he grumbled, "It was a moment of weakness ok? You've had plenty of them, trust me..."

I didn't catch a word he said as I watched him lick away the icing, and wipe his hands on his pants.

"COLIN! We HAVE napkins!"

"Unbelievable—"

"What? It's gross!"

"I'm a guy, guys aren't perfect Savannah! We make mistakes, and sometimes we mess everything up! I'm sorry that I'm a disappointment to you!"

He stood up and unbuttoned his pants, continuing to pull them off one leg at a time.

"Are you happy now? I'm going to go change just for you!"