Chapter 80: Denial

POV: Savannah

"There's nothing to say other than that she was a fan who gave me a gift—"

"A gift with her Instagram name on the inside of the card?"

"People do that all the time Savannah! I've gotten phone numbers before," he laughed.

"I dont know, Sean is usually right about these things... Have you even bothered to look her up?"

"No—"

"What are you waiting for Colin? Do it!"

"Alright, alright," he insisted, "I'll get the card when you're done."

I messed around with his hair a little more and patted him on the shoulder when I was finished, "You're done and you look great as usual, now search her up!"

Colin smirked at me and swatted my hand away as he got up, grabbed the gift bag, and brought it back over to the couch. I rested my head on his shoulder as he fumbled with the card and slowly typed in the letters.

"No wonder you take so long to text back," I joked, swiping his phone from his hands, "Here, I'll help..."

The process sped up tenfold when I took control. I gave the phone back to Colin as it loaded and he smiled down at me.

"What?"

"Nothing," he chuckled.

"It's not my fault you type like an old man."

"Thirty six isn't young!"

I rolled my eyes and lightly punched him in the arm,"You're not old Colin..."

The pictures loaded as he shrugged, and we both looked down at the phone. I wasn't prepared for what I saw. Callie was absolutely gorgeous.

"What do you think?" Colin asked, "Should I follow her?"

I contemplated for a second. If a small part of me still had feelings for Colin, this could ruin any chance we possibly had together. Callie was beautiful, and the only way he would ever leave her is if she was the female version of Ryan, which wasn't possible because that title already belonged to Melany. On the other hand, I wanted Colin to be happy, and I knew that was something I couldn't give to him.

"You should definitely follow her! You should also message her while you're at it! It'd be really adorable if you made a thank you post honoring the gifts she gave you—"

"That's actually a really good idea," Colin smiled, grabbing the candle from the bag, and placing it on the table.

I got up to search for matches, while he set up a nice little scene and took a picture for his Instagram. A few moments later, I came back with matches in hand, and struck one on the side of the box. The little stick was glowing with rage as I transferred the flame to the wick of the candle.

"Did you message her?"

"I said hi"

"Has she seen it?"

"It says she has..."

"Don't worry, she's probably just freaking out right now..."