Chapter 68: I Have No Regrets

POV: Colin

The next morning I woke up with the urge to vomit. There was no trash can in sight so I looked up at the ceiling and attempted to keep down whatever was bubbling up inside, until I could finally bare to move.

After a few minutes of entertaining myself with thoughts other than throwing up, I felt well enough to get out of bed. I sat up and looked around the hotel. I knew I was naked, but I had no idea why. The bed sheets were all ruffled and my clothes were scattered around the room.

I figured I had probably done something stupid, but I didn't realize just how stupid until Jen came sprinting out of the hallway.

"Listen, Colin—"

I stared at her and looked back down at myself.

"We didn't..."

"Oh yes we did..."

I sighed and put my hands over my face before hopping out of bed and pulling on my underwear. She continued fixing her hair and straightening out her clothes.

"Come on, we have to hurry up... Reece is leaving soon—"

"Are we telling him or something?!" I asked defensively.

"No! Definitely not! We just got married... he can't know about this Colin"

I nodded and finished putting on the rest of my clothes. Jen was waiting by the door with her clutch in hand.

"So what do you plan to say?"

"I'm going to tell him the truth," she claimed, "just not the whole truth..."

I raised my eyebrow out of confusion, grabbed my coat, and walked to the door where she was standing.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I plan to tell him you called me last night, you had an emotional breakdown, and I didn't trust you to stay alone so I slept over to keep an eye on you..."

I smiled and reached out my hand to hold hers.

"I'm sorry Jennifer—"

"Don't be Colin, it was just a mistake," she said softly, squeezing my hand.

"No Jen... I'm sorry that I'm not sorry..."

"What?"

Her tone of voice changed completely, and I could tell she was genuinely confused.

"I'm glad it happened," I claimed, moving in closer to her, "I didn't want it to stop—"

"Colin... I'm married—"

"That didn't matter last night—"

"Last night we were both drunk"

"You can't tell me that what happened between us meant nothing to you..."

She kissed my cheek and pulled me in for a hug.