Chapter 17: Life Goes On

POV: Savannah

Months passed by and it was now December. Jennifer and Reece grew closer, and I grew more lonesome. They never had any major fights other than the day we witnessed her with Colin, after that, their relationship was stronger than ever , and I hated it.

Reece and I had moved in together not too long ago. When he wasn't at our house (which was most days), he was at her house, and when he was here, she was also here, cuddled up next to him. At first I prayed it was just a new couple thing, but after a while I realized it wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, I was definitely happy Reece had found someone, but I had been single way longer, and he found her out of the blue one day. It wasn't fair, I was staring to get bitter about the whole thing.

Reece came bursting through the door, "Hey Savannah, so-"

"Where've you been?"

"That's where I was going with my story! So, I was on set with Jen today and we had this great idea to-"

"We as in...?" I asked, waiting for a reply

"You know, me, Jen, Sean, Colin, Josh, Lana, Emilie... the usual!" He said cheerfully, "anyway, we had this idea to throw a housewarming party!"

"That sounds great Reece," I said unenthusiastically.

"Savannah, what's wrong... I didn't want to say anything but here lately you've been acting so distant."

"I dunno Reece, why don't you ask your girlfriend and your new friends and forget about me like you usually do."

Reece walked over and sat next to me on the couch, "I didn't know you felt that way, why didn't you say something?"

"I shouldn't have to... I thought you were my best friend and maybe you would notice when we stopped talking as much."

"I love you, I'll always love you, more than anything. I don't want you to feel left out, but when I ask you to come with me to the set, you always decline. That's the only place I ever go, other than Jen's house, and I'm sure you don't wanna join us there..."

"Reece, I decline because what is there for me on set? I miss the old days when we used to just hang out together."

"Everyone always asks where you are..."

"You don't have to lie to me Reece," I said, looking over at him.

"I'm serious!" He smirked, throwing an arm over my shoulder, "they really do ask about you..."

I sighed, leaned my head on his shoulder, and asked, "when's the party?"

"Starts at 9:00, so about three hours."

"Alright."

"Until then... we can just sit here together," he smiled, "like we used to do..."

* * *

Nine o'clock rolled around, and Reece was on his way back from going to pick up Jen. All I needed to do was find a shirt to wear, when I heard a knock at the door. Not thinking, I answered it, dressed in a sports bra and a pair of white skinny jeans. Expecting it to be Jen and Reece. I was caught off guard when I saw Sean standing at the front door.

"Sean, hey!" I began nervously, trying distract from the fact I was standing there in a sports bra.

That's when I saw Colin getting out of the car with gifts in hand. No freaking way was this happening right now.